Quick Homemade Waffles

I have an eight year old and we're always rushed on school mornings, so I make up a batch of waffles ahead of time and freeze them in individual serving sizes. Then you take them out of the freezer and put them in the toaster and they come out awesome! They're crispy and chewy and my son loves them!

By Julie

We do the same thing except with french toast. Make a bunch extra, put in a baggie, and then pull out however many you want. We toast them and then I cut them in strips for my kids to have french toast sticks. They get a small container of syrup, and it's much less messy that way.

On the weekends, when I do have time to cook a nice breakfast, I make extras to freeze. I do this with everything from eggs, bacon, biscuits, pancakes, french toast, etc. I even make english muffin sandwiches to freeze for later in the week. For pancakes, I stack them in 3's, wrap them, and stick them in the freezer. Then, on a rushed morning, I throw them in the microwave for just one minute. Voila! It is an instant hot breakfast that the kids will love.

I make my kiddos Waffles every morning. I just pour the mix into the waffle maker and let it go, when it is done I scrape it out and serve it to the kids. Other morning I give them buttered toast, they seem to like it.

My mother-in-law (now deceased) from Portland Maine, gave me her original homemade waffle recipe back in 1974; and I served them to all four of my children...and even grandchildren!! They loved them!!

I tripled the recipe and froze them, to have handy on those cold, lazy days of winter. LOL

* * *

Mom's Marvelous Waffles

1 1/2 cups flour

3 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

2 Tbsp. sugar

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 cup milk

2 beaten eggs

3 Tbsp. solid margarine (melted)

Mix all dry ingredients; set aside.

Attn: If using self-rising flour, leave out the baking powder and salt.

Mix sugar, margarine, vanilla, eggs and milk.

Then add to dry ingredients.

Mix well until not lumpy; but don't over beat.

Pour onto hot waffle iron.

Don't raise lid until waffles stop steaming.

**Even more delicious when served hot with butter and maple syrup. Yummy!

Waffles About to be Frozen
Freezing Waffles
Parenting School BreakfastJanuary 19, 2005
Singer Stitch Sew Quick
Singer Stitch Sew Quick Reviews
Girl Eating Breakfast Before School
Eating Breakfast Before School
Homemade Waffle Recipes, Homemade waffles topped with apples.
Homemade Waffle Recipes
Mashed Potato Waffles
Mashed Potato Waffles