Ornaments Made from Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

I made these ornaments in 1992, and they still look new except for a bit of wear on the bows. They were so much fun, I gave them to business associates as well as friends.

1. Put together an old jigsaw puzzle that's missing a piece or two.

2. Spray paint the puzzle a solid color. I used dark green because it seemed natural, but if I did it again, it would be something brighter. This color kind of fades into the tree.

3. Draw a 4-inch circle on white paper. Put a piece of wax paper over that, so you can see the circle through the wax paper.

4. Lay some puzzle pieces around the circle, just barely touching.

5. Use white glue to add a second layer. Angle the second layer out a bit so the circle gets larger.

6. While that's drying (give it overnight) tie a string or ribbon loop and a bright bow and glue them at the top.

7. The next day use a pencil eraser -- the little round ones that come on top of the pencil -- to dip in red paint. Make little clusters of holly berries this way. Let them dry.

8. 8. With a small brush such as an eyeliner brush, make little white dots on the holly berries. When they dry, you're done!

By Coreen from Rupert, ID

What an GREAT idea! At last...a way to put those those partial puzzles to good use : ))

That is really neat! Great idea! think i'll make some for next year's tree. Thanks for the great idea. HUGS

Dear Corinne, this is a great idea, thanks for sharing. I am continually surprised at the imagination people have to make different craft items.

I TOO AM ALWAYS AMAZED AT THE INGENUITY THAT THE READERS HAVE IN THE CRAFTS THEY MAKE THIS IS ANOTHER ONE THAT I TRULY LOVE.

What a clever idea for ornaments and a great projects for kids to do all year round for gifts for friends and making memories.

I BET YOU COULD MAKE THIS ONE,ROUND OR SQUARE, PUT A PICTURE BEHIND IT THEN MAYBE A THIN PIECE OF CARDBOARD(?) AND MAKE A PICTURE FRAME OR MAKE IT INTO A MAGNET FOR THE FRIDGE

I think this is a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing! It has a special meaning to me because my son is autistic and the puzzle pieces are the "symbol" if you will! We will definitely be making some of these and giving them out this year! Thanks a million again!

Thanks I found this idea today and decided to make some Autism Christmas wreaths! I wanted to share how mine turned out...

Crafts Christmas OrnamentsJanuary 2, 2007
A woman working on a puzzle.
Making a Jigsaw Puzzle Mat
jigsaw puzzle
Making a Puzzle Storage Board
Making a Puzzle Board
Making a Puzzle Board
🎄