Make Your Own Scented Lotion

My favorite fragrance is now available only in a spray. I hate spray colognes. I find them to be wasteful (I think this is the idea--so we'll buy more) and hard to control. Usually completely overpowering and impossible to wash off!

Anyway, I really like scented lotions and was hoping that I could figure out how to make my own using spray cologne. Googling has produced only recipes with fragrance oils, not cologne. Has anyone done this? Any ideas? Thanks much!

Rita from Kansas City

My guess would be to just simple spray a few squirts into a very basic/neutral type lotion and stir until smooth. The alcohol from the cologne might be a bit drying--so just make a small sample to test. *grins* I bet you already did! How did it turn out?

I work in a pharmacy and when we need to "reduce" the concentration of something we use glycerin or eucerin (withever you prefer) to cut it into the liquid. We have special equipement but you can start by taking a flat spatula or butter knife and laying out maybe an ounce of Eucerin on a flat surface. Make a indentation in the middle of the mound and slowly , little by little stir the smallest amount into the cream, stir and spread back and forth and add more when incorporated into the cream. Glycerin is a lot runnier but you can pour come of the perfume into the bottle and shake well.

Homemade Body Lotion Recipes
Homemade Body Lotion Recipes
Crafts Bath & BeautyApril 21, 2008
Shaving Supplies
Homemade Aftershave Lotion
Skin Lotion
Finding Water Based Skin Lotion
Homemade Hand Lotion Recipes
Homemade Hand Lotion
🎉
🎄