Keeping Kids Busy at Christmas

This tip is for entertaining children at Christmas time while I am trying to put the finishing touches on the meal and before we open gifts. I take 2 large posterboards and tape them from the back side. Then I draw a Christmas tree on the front complete with trunk.

That's all I do--the rest is for the kids to have fun. I give them my Christmas cookie cutters, glitter glue, regular glue, colored makers, child safe scissors and let them "decorate" their own Christmas tree. It's great fun for the kids and gives the adults time to have a "calm before the storm"! My grandkids love it!

By Peg from Cecil, OH

PS---I do tape it to the wall usually in the garage. Then you don't have to worry much about any messes with the glue, etc.

Holidays and Parties Christmas Helpful HintsJune 7, 2006
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Family going to the park.
Summer Activities for Kids
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 12, 2017 at 6:16:43 PM on 10.0.0.140 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.