Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Sharpening a Paper Cutter

We are trying to find out how we can get two paper cutters' blades sharpened. Does anyone know where we can take them? Or does anyone know how we can sharpen them? There must be some way. Thanks for your help in this.

Teri

By reborn houses10/22/2009

Hi! We have a sharpening company and sharpen everything including paper cutter blades. If you are out of the area, mail them to us at ReBorn Houses, 2705 E. Lincoln Hwy., Coatesville, PA 19320. We will sharpen them and mail them back to you. Our website is www.reborntools.com

By janine (Guest Post)01/23/2009

I 2nd it! aluminum foil is perfect! What about sharpening a apple corer/slicer?
neenerj9 at hotmail dot com

By sandyc (Guest Post)01/21/2009

Teri, I use aluminum foil on my punches and cutters. I learned that trick on a craft show. Cut or punch through the foil a few times and then you cut through wax paper. I guess to made them glide easier. I do this periodically whether they feel dull or not. And it works!

By Lynda (Guest Post)01/21/2009

I bought a rectangular sharpening stone, that is sort of a small dark brick, from an Oriental market, which came with instructions for sharpening a large Cleaver/Chopping knife. I've lost the paper, but I believe one should be able to easily google.com the words, "How to use a SHARPENING STONE?", and "How to remove Paper Cutter Blades>". If you cannot find them, call an office supply and inquire if they have their instruction sheet and might allow you to buy a printed copy. God bless and help you. : )

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Sharpening a Paper Cutter

Can the blade on a paper cutter be sharpened and if so, how?

Mary

RE: Sharpening a Paper Cutter

Cut through several sheets of medium grade sand paper. Also works for scissors! (06/14/2006)

By Connie

RE: Sharpening a Paper Cutter

Try cutting sheets of sand paper. It may take a few sheets, but it should do the trick. Also works for sharpening scissors! (06/14/2006)

By D. Napolitan

RE: Sharpening a Paper Cutter

It's unanimous.... Sandpaper ;D (06/14/2006)

By Laurie

RE: Sharpening a Paper Cutter

Cutting through sandpaper will never do anything but ruin the blade. It may cause micro-serrations which temporarily give the impression that the cutter is sharper, but it will do damage that is very difficult to rectify. (06/26/2007)

By Lang