Volunteer Places You Can Get Free Training

contest winner icon

This tip is for adults, who may wish you had additional training or schooling, but can not afford it. Consider volunteering for an organization that works along the lines of what you would like training in. Many volunteer organizations will send their volunteers to school and they will pay for the schooling if it is of benefit to them. I volunteer for the fire department. They paid for me to take the classes to become a CPR/first aid instructor. Now, I teach new volunteers CPR and basic first aid. I can also teach it outside of my community and make some money from it. I saved the $200 I would have spent on the class and books, and I can use the fire department materials (dummies and masks).

They paid for me to go to EMT school. I do that as a volunteer with the fire department, but, I am also on the list for several other services as a paid EMT. I work for one service one day a month, and the others call me when someone calls in sick or during flu season. I saved $1400 in tuition money.

Several others took a heaving truck driving class (to be able to drive the pumper), and as a result one is now a truck driver for local runs. A 55 year old widowed friend of mine has volunteered for 2 years at the senior center. They just sent her through college classes for her to become a registered dietitian. She will continue to volunteer for them 2 times a week and plan their menus, but she also now works 3 days a week for the school district earning money from training that she could not afford to take on her own. So, get creative and check out those places where you could volunteer!

By mom-from-missouri from NW MO

What a fantastic idea! You are helping to make a difference where you live, and getting an education, not to mention a wonderful way to "find" out if some of these fields interest you.

Teacher With Students in Classroom
Saving Money on Vocational Training
Better Living Self ImprovementJanuary 21, 2011
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
pug in a crate
Crate Training a Dog
Young woman using computer
Finding Free WiFi Connections
Volunteer Tree
Getting Rid of Volunteer Trees
🎄
🍂