Dining RoomDecorating

Tea Display on a Buffet

Category Dining Room

I am a tea lover and bought a cherry tea chest to display on my buffet. I placed it in the center of the buffet; on each side are two large pillar candle holders which have clear marbles and white pillar candles. On each side of the pillar candle holders are silver candlesticks with light green taper candles; a cluster of artificial grapes hung from the candle. Two teapot buffet lamps are placed at each corner. The tea chest is the center of the buffet. A small silver tea service with a silver vase filled with honey sticks tied with a light green ribbon sits in front of one of the lamps; my granddaughter's small white gloves are laid near the tea set. A small book entitled "With a Cup of Tea" sits on an easel.

An English teacup/saucer on a stand is also a feature on the buffet. Two fluted candles with gel candles (to host the year 2007) are placed on a small mirror; a pearl studded votive candle is in the center. A bottle of wine given to my husband for Christmas sits on a silver coaster.

The buffet belonged to my late mother and she would be proud of its beauty.

By WandaJo from Tennessee