Inexpensive Catholic Wedding Venue in New York

Can any one please advise how we can organise a Catholic wedding in New York? We are from Ireland and plan on just the two of us getting married in New York. We are both Catholics and would like to be married in a Catholic church. I have done some research on this and some churches in New York will only marry people if they are from that parish.
Can anyone please help me with this. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

By mrsom from Ireland

I am not Catholic, but I do a lot of research. I would choose a church or churches that are in N.Y. in an area you'd like, find out the parish (Google for the web site if you don't have a directory), then ask your parish priest in Ireland to contact that parish and ask for special permission for you to be married there. I hope this helps.

I would also suggest the same. Ask your pastor to contact the pastor of the Catholic church you'd like to be married in, and see where that goes. MANY parishes have a 6-month waiting/preparation time requirement, but they MIGHT waive that if your pastor can attest to your being ready, have gone through pre-marriage counseling, etc. Good luck and God Bless!

September 16, 2010 Flag

I am looking for a church (small if possible) to perform a Roman Catholic wedding ceremony or a blessing of vows in Manhattan or Brooklyn, NY. Any suggestions as to contacts? The wedding is planned for late December 2010, probably the 29th.

By Lorna2 from Ireland

Answers:

Please contact the Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn and they will be able to help and accommodate you (whether in Brooklyn or Manhattan) and be sure to explain that you live in Ireland and are Irish Catholic and please give them the reason why you are being married in New York.

http://christjesusourhope.org/contact/

God Bless you and congratulations on your upcoming marriage :-) (04/26/2010)

By Deeli

April 24, 2010 Flag

New York City Wedding. I'm looking for a reception venue in New York that is under $2000K and also a small Catholic Church. I've searched online but can't find anything reasonable. Can someone help? Thank you.

MC from Arlington, VA

Answers:

I don't know if this helps, but there is a small Catholic chapel in the Little Italy/Soho area, it is run by the Philippine Pastoral Center.

chapelofsanlorenzoruiz.org

I wanted to have my wedding there since I don't have a lot of guests, but now we are doing it at the larger Ascension church uptown since my fiance prefers the priest there. Also the other reason we're not doing it at the chapel is that the priest never called me back though I left him a couple of messages. You might have a better experience, though, it's worth a try.

As for inexpensive reception sites, I am still looking around myself, so unfortunately can't help you much there.
Good luck. (11/03/2007)

By jpnyc28

Weddings PlanningSeptember 16, 2010
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
New York Christmas Charities
Beautiful Swan
Decorating a Pond for a Wedding
🎉
🎄