Watch Turns Skin Green

My daughter has a watch that she absolutely loves but she can't wear it because it turns her wrist green. She has tried nail polish and that didn't work. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas how to fix this problem for her. Thanks.

Carolyn from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Try lining the back of the band with moleskin. This is a product found in the foot care aisle in pharmacies and "mart" type stores. It is adhesive, and can be cut to whatever shape and size you need.

Try putting tape over the back or use clear nail polish. I had the same problem once and that solved it for me.

My niece had this problem and found that she can only wear a watch if it is real gold.

Sounds like the chemicals in her skin are reacting with the metal, which is likely to be stainless steel. If clear nail polish does not work, or chips off, then I would suggest gluing a piece of cloth of covering the back with duct tape to stop the metal touching her skinand causing the reaction.

I had the same problem and had to resort to changing the band on the watch to leather. If you don't want to do it yourself, a jewelry store would probably do it for you. I also have a sterling silver band and that works great also.

What about spray varnish, like the kind you can get in craft stores?

Health & Beauty AdviceOctober 1, 2007
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
baby sleeping by grass
Setting Up a Green Nursery
Iron Framed Bed
Fixing a Squeaky Bed
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch
🎄