Kill Ants with Pam Cooking Spray

Pam kills ants on dog and cat food. I spray the food and bowl, and it kills the ants immediately. They are usually black kitchen ants. It will not kill other ants. It won't poison the dog or cat if they eat the Pam on their food.

I also use Pam in the kitchen to kill ants.

By Robin F. from Hampton, TN

Great tip. Thanks for sharing.

I like this one! Thanks!

My only concern is that there is a propellant in cooking sprays that leaves a sticky residue and sometimes just the adverse happens, they are drawn to the spray. Roaches love the stuff.

You are very welcome! :)

I make sure I wipe up the oil around the sink once they are dead, and that is about 5 seconds. I don't like seeing t he dead ants all around. It has no residual action, but I don't see them as much the more I spray and I usually use it on the sink area. I did spray the food, and they didn't return. I use orange furniture polish to kill roaches on contact, around food preparation areas, and then I wash the area. I like using these non toxic methods, and they are home tested before I put them on here.... it really works if your aim is good and mine is great. LOL :)

If it kills aunts that quickly I'd think twice about using it on my food constantly. It might not kill us instantly but used for a long period of time who knows. It might cause cancer. Same thing with coffeemate. Ever notice how the bugs avoid it? Not good.

Cooking Oil Spray Kills Kitchen Ants
Home and Garden Pest Control AntsJune 21, 2011
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants