Reusing Coffee Filters in the Garden

After reading numerous posting here I've been saving coffee grounds, egg shells, veggie peels, etc. My question is how can I reuse the coffee filters? Thanks in advance.

By Keeper from Blue Ridge Mts., NC

I use new coffee filters at the bottom of pot where the drainage holes are. I place one or two over the holes and then the soil. I never thought of using a used one but will try it next time. It could work.

I use mine in the bottom of pots when planting to keep the dirt from coming out the bottom of the pot. I put gravel in the pot first then the filters then the potting soil. Good for drainage.

I have been putting the filters in my compost pile for years. Poke some holes in them or cut with scissors for faster decomposing if you wish. They don't breakdown as quickly as organic material like vegetable scraps. I also put undyed papertowels & napkins in the pile as long as they don't have grease on them. I turn the pile with a pitch fork & poke more holes which helps.

I wash them with soapy water, rinse well, and reuse them for another pot of coffee. They work fine! After 2nd using I use them for the bottoms of garden pots, and the best is put one in the filter cone holder, fill with yoghurt, set the whole thing on a jar, or smaill coffee pot, cover with a wet paper towel, and let it sit in the fridge for 24-hours. You have the American version of Greek Yoghurt. Use it for slathering on English Muffins or toast, dollop in hot soup, or just eat it with some sliced fruit a top. Excellent! And you can use the whey for soups, mashed potatoes or when you need to thin batters, etc.

Thank you all for these wonderful suggestions.

Uses for Coffee Filters, Coffee filter on a brown background.
Uses for Coffee Filters
Better Living Green Living ReusingMay 27, 2010
Beautiful coffee filter flowers in jars fiilled with rocks
Crafts Using Coffee Filters
filters
Clean Windows With Coffee Filters
furnace air filter
Reusing Air Cleaner Filters
Coffee Filter Doily
Making a Coffee Filter Doily
🎄