I bought this African printed fabric.
- batting to hold it firmly
- plain cotton fabric
- cotton thread for stitching
- I cut the placemats on the border.
- Cut the batting and cotton fabric the same size as the printed fabric.
- I stitched the printed fabric and plain fabric together on the wrong side.
- Stitch 3 sides and turn over (right side out).
- Put the batting inside and neaten the corners.
- Fold the unstitched side inwards about 1 cm, stitch and neaten.
- On the top, stitch according to the pattern or on the edge to hold it firm and iron.
December 27, 20090 found this helpful
I think you did a nice job making these placemats. Elephants have a special place in my heart because my grama had a large assorted collection of elephate items. When she passed away they went to my dad. When my dad passed away they went to my brother. My brother was kind and gave me three of the statuettes and some of the elephant christmas decorations. Both my grama and dad would have loved these place mats! Thumbs up from me for your idea to make this particular fabric pattern in to placemats!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 4, 2016 at 12:25:14 AM on 10.0.0.127 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us