Keep Track of Website Information

I got tired of losing scraps of notes I made on popular websites. I bought a very small spiral tablet, labeled it Websites to Visit, and put it near my TV and radio. Now I note all the interesting stuff in one place. I can browse the sites when I have time.

By Barbara from Park Ridge, IL

This is definitely a great idea! I have scrap paper by where I sit to watch TV but wind up with all the little notes all over or the possibility of them getting lost. I like this idea a lot. Seems I am always wanting to jot down info while I watch TV. Many times there are websites listed and your idea would allow me to keep in one place and check out at my leisure.

I have to do this. I really have to do this. Thanks so much.

I do what Debbie does - pieces of paper all over the house. One of these days I will get organized with my notes and recipes. Soon, I might add!

I've lost so many of those scraps of paper! Keeping a dedicated spiral bound notebook by the TV and computer is a brilliant tip, thank-you for posting it!

Can't you just bookmark them or place them on your 'favourites' (depending on what internet browser you use)?

Set up folders in your Favorites and save them. All you have to do is open your Favorites, open the folder you want and click on the site(s) listed. It is so much easier. Any time you are at a sight you like, right click your mouse, go to Add to Favorites and click on it.

Rather than writing down all the websites, I would suggest bookmarking the sites. You can rename the bookmarks and keep relevant websites together by category. Right click on your mouse and click bookmark or go to Bookmarks in your toolbar.

Also, if I constantly use a website, I save it to my desktop.

I use Favorites and have folders but I also know the value of writing these valuable bits of info into a notebook. I've done it for years. I actually like the idea of a divider in a notebook (make your own tab if you didn't buy it with the dividers or tabs). In another section, I write down the changes I made to a setting, a download, a new application I signed up for and why, etc. Next, I use a card file to put various info I have to access repeatedly. For instance, if I join a website, why, my password, my user name, & any pertinent info about it. This has saved me lots of grief over the years!

This is such a good idea. I started a spiral notebook to log all my websites. I bet I have hundreds little slips of paper and tattered notes with websites scribbled on them. I've been working on logging them into my new notebook when I have spare time. Why didn't I do this before?

It is my impression that the lady was keeping track of sites to visit that she heard of while listening to the radio or watching tv. She may very well have put the sites in her "favorites" or "bookmark" them when she had a chance to sit down at her computer.

I like her idea and will be doing the same.

Organizing Useful Tips from Websites
Organizing Useful Tips from Websites
Organizing Clutter ControlApril 24, 2008
Keeping Track Of Medical Information, Stethoscope on a Medical Chart.
Keeping Track Of Medical Information
Potted Rosemary plant.
Keeping Track of Plant Information
Creating a Simple Website for a Business, Website URL on a computer screen.
Creating a Simple Website for a Business
sliding patio door
Cleaning a Sliding Door Track
🎉
🎄