Organizer for Kids Socks

I have recently discovered that there actually is a solution for mismatched baby and kid socks! No more lonely socks hanging out at the back of enormous dresser drawers. Now I take an empty cereal box (the largest size works best!) and cut it into three pieces.

I close the top back up and seal with tape. The bottom is of course already sealed. Then with my scissors I make new flaps for the middle piece and crease then tape them down like the top and bottom. Voila! - three perfectly sized drawer organizers for those teeny little adorable socks!

It works well for toddler and bigger kid socks too. Just cut the box pieces to the size you need. Recycling, thriftiness and one less headache when it is time to dress the kids!

By BoobertAndWeenie from Belmont, MA

can you send a picture---would like to see this!!

Oh yes please- i would like to see a photo of this also.

Monique xx

I use the Velveeta boxes for the same thing and storage for many other things too!

great Idea for socks, I've used diaper boxes in almost the same way on the top shelf in my closet to orginize my husbans sweat shirts. They all stay neet in a stack with no falling over. Thanks for your tip on the socks

Can you please show me a picture of this? I'm a visual person, thanks. You can email it to foxracingmama13 AT I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm all about organizing but re-using things I already have in my home.

A picture of a pair of socks.
Organizing Socks
Consumer Advice Clothing TipsJuly 20, 2006
Pairs of Baby Socks on a Clothesline
Keeping Baby Socks Together in the Wash
Making a Sock Quilt
Sofa Organizer
Making a Sofa Organizer
Homemade Jewelry Organizer
Homemade Jewelry Organizer