Paint Colors for Kitchen with Blonde Maple Cabinets

I am contemplating a color for my kitchen and need some suggestions. I have light blonde maple cabinets and dark countertops. The adjoining room is SW paint color Toasty Chocolate brown.

I am thinking about either a sage/olive green or a golden tone. I would like for the cabinets to stand out against the wall color as well as something that is not too dark as the adjoining living room is a dark color.

Amanda

I love the look of your kitchen! Anything cool tone would look awesome! Doesn't have to be as dark as the example here, however, you will be surprised how beautiful and soothing even if in the dark shades it would look with the black and light wood tones!

Oh, but keep the ceiling 'as is' ;-) Personally, I like the red violet and blue green ;-) Hope you post a picture of your finished product :-)

What I did I went to the hardware store & picked up some sample & put them on the wall to see what color would look good on it. I went with a Autumn Reverie card no. 7-D. My cabinets & floor is the same color as your is.

Hope it helps.

First let me say you have a beautiful home. I disagree witht the person who advised you to use cool colors. I prefer a warm, sunny kitchen that is friendly and personable. For that reason, I'd choose apple green which is a lighter green with yellow in it (light yellow green). IMHO, any shade you choose should have a little yellow in it. YOu have dark appliances and dark countertops so you need something light to offset them. Also, your cabinets have a yellow undertone. So you'll want a shade that "goes with" them rather than clashes. If you dont care for the contemporary citrisy green I've suggested, you might want to go with cream. Cream is a warm white. Its a milky, creamy color.

Good luck

My floors are terracotta but otherwise the same color scheme. My adjoining living room is sage and I have wallpapered with a vegetable theme.

You can see every room in my first level from the kitchen--can be complicated but the wallpaper allows for a variety of options in adjoining rooms. I love the sage-very soothing.

You might be on the money with the gold tones. I heard yellow is the big decorating color for china, etc. these days. Maybe you could take the photo to the paint store and ask a knowledgeable person.

I think a deep sage green would be beautiful.

I have similiar cabinets and counters. I did mine with a very light sage and a shade darker sponged over. It looks great. If I had a picture I'd send it to you!

Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceDecember 10, 2008
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
Maple Tree
Growing Maple Trees
🎉
🎄