Fake Paypal Emails

Last week I received what genuinely looked like an email from Paypal stating my account had been violated. It advised me to log on and renew my information to make sure it was current.

I smelled a rat. Called Paypal - emailed it to them - it was a fake and they had that particular false web site already shut down. Never give out this kind of info as legitimate organizations will never ask you to reveal it.

By Joan in CT from Seymour, CT

Editor's Note: Being the Spam magnet that I am, I get many of these every week from Ebay and Paypal. The important thing is to never login by clicking in an email from any bank, credit card company, Ebay or Paypal.

Go to the site directly to login. Once you have given your information to one of these sites, they have it. If you should do this, make sure to go to the regular site and change all of your usernames and passwords.

This is called "Phishing". NEVER give out your info and for eBay or PayPal, you should for these kind of messages you should forward them to spoof@paypal.com or spoof@ebay.com. You'll get a return message saying that it was a false email and thanking you for forwarding it.

THIS WAS A PREVIOUS POST BUT I GUESS WE CAN NEVER BE REMINDED TO MUCH ABOUT THIS

When I sent the email on to Paypal they informed me that if they ever send an email, it will have your name on it. If you notice the spam ones do not have a name (greeting) on it Bet eBay is the same way.

This also happens to me each week.. fake emails from Paypal and Ebay. They usualy say somthing like.. "hey whats wrong with your

Paypal account? I tried to pay you but the message says that your account is out of service etc etc....." What I do is right click then

cllick on forward.. then send it to spoof@paypal.com or spoof@ebay.com and then delete the email. NEVER click on a link.. that

spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E !!!

Best thing to do if you get one of these letters is to check the heading of the note. In Comcast, there is a section where you can check heading. Usually in the first line you can see where the email came from, and it will not be from eBay or PayPal. Then forward the note back to eBay or PayPal. Fraud@Paypal.com is one address. Never answer these, go to the original site and if there is a message for you about your account, you will find it there. I have logged into the phishing sites and typed in: Do you understand (I can't say that here)? and send it back. I know I am bad, but I hate to let someone think I am stupid, just rude

These guys (phishing guys) are good aren't they?

To quote the drug runner in Romancing the Stone, referring to his gang, "Dese guys arrr such keeders!"

Wow I had this too and kept wondering what to do

and had been too busy to look in to this. Thank you

for mentioning this.

Grateful Girl

PayPal logo
Using PayPal
Computers SpamMarch 7, 2006
Faux Fingernails
Using Faux Fingernails
Faux bundt cake
Making Fake Food
Fake Logs
Making Fake Logs
🎉
🎄