Saint Petersburg, Florida Travel Advice

My family and I are going to Saint Petersburg, Florida on April 7th. I have 4 children ages 5 to 18. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay or what to do while we are there. We are arriving at the St. Petersburg airport. I don't like to rent a car and we are on a somewhat tight budget.

Thanks,
JILLSAVES from Shavertown, PA

One thought is to get a tour book from AAA.If you are not a member find someone who is and ask them to get a tour book for you as well as a Florida map.The tour book list places to stay.where to dine,activities and a lot more.It will be difficult to get around unless you have a car.I was in the St. Pete area a few weeks ago and visited Fort De Soto.I rented a bike and rode around the grounds and the beach.Very nice area.

Sorry, You will really need a car. /Beaches are beautiful. Tourist attactions are fun, but expensive. Ft Myers is close and has beaches and Edison's home where you can see some of his invention. Flea Markets are open on the weekends. Some motels will pick you up and take you to their location. I could just go to the beach everyday and be content

Unfortunately you will need a car, our bus service is very poor. Visit the St. Pete Pier (free), Fort DeSoto Park, voted America's best beach! (free), Tarpon Springs, beautiful old Greek town with history, Ybor City in Tampa (old cuban area), Clearwater Beach, the Sunshine skyway, pick strawberries in Plant City, a short drive away, Busch Gardens Amusement Park, International Mall in Tampa, Antique shops, flea markets on the weekend, one in downtown St. Pete. Stop at the visitors center at the St. Pete Pier for a complete list of things to do in the area.

You have to rent a car, but they are cheap there compared to Orlando. I paid $150 week for a compact. The area is beautiful, wonderful beaches and people. We go over to St. Pete Beach area to stay at an older timeshare Hideaway Sands.It has 2 bedroom units for four people, a kitchen to cook,pool. Loved the Dali museum, Ringling Circus and Art museums in Sarasota, Sunshine parkway ($1), Don Caesar Hotel, manatee aquariums and safe atmosphere. No restaurant buffets there or salad bars in food stores. Healthy veggies non existant after two hurricanes. :>( People are more relaxed where it is warm all year, when the hurricanes aren't happening. Ft. Myers is 100 miles away, not very close to me. Have a great time.

Travel and Recreation TravelMarch 17, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale Beach in Florida.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Frugal Travel Guide
Sky Blue Retro Travel Trailer 3
Buying a Used Travel Trailer
Family in Car Leaving in Winter
Saving Money on Holiday Travel
Little girl giving to Salvation Army.
Florida Christmas Charities
🎄