Knitting Loom Questions

Why is it that when I finish my scarfs either from a straight loom or a circle loom the end is not the same as the end that I started with? It seems to be wider and it just doesn't feel the same. Is there something that I am doing wrong or is it suppose to look and feel like that? Please feed me back with some advice. Thank you!

You should use the crochet hook method to cast on, try Purling Sprite knitting loom videos at:

Here is a yahoo group I just found that has a ton of help and they are a very nice group.

The beginning has had time to loose the stretch you put in it when you made it. Let the piece sit for a day or two so the last part of the piece has time to lose the stretch, just like the beginning. Remember how tight the yarn is when you loop it over the pegs? Let the end lose it's stretch before you panic. That is probably all it is.

February 25, 2012 Flag

I am a newbie at loom knitting. Since I am left handed does it matter in what direction you wind the yarn on the loom? Also with what hand do I hold the loom?
Any information would help me get started.

By Alice P

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Alice, I went on the computer and looked up knitting looms and came upon lots of videos that show how to start and finish on the different looms. They also give different things to make on them. Try and google How to use a knitting loom. Let me know if you can not find it.

I've used the Knifty Knitter for several years. You can use either hand and go in either direction. Let me know if you have other questions.

October 1, 2010 Flag

I have a question about the knitting loom. When I get the 2 rows of loops done and then go to lift the bottom loop over the top loop all the way around and on the last peg, I end up with this huge loop of yarn behind the last peg. What am I doing wrong?

Zombie from Austin, TX

Knitting Loom Questions

I don't know what you're doing wrong because I haven't actually experienced that. However, here is a short video that you can watch from Ben Franklin Crafts.

By Luvyabye

Knitting Loom Questions

Thank you so much. That video helped a lot. But now I have another problem. What do you do about the part of yarn that you first tied to the holding peg? I haven't been able to find anything on what to do with it. So it is still attached to the bottom row that has come out of the loom and to the peg. Can you help? (05/05/2006)

By Zombie

Knitting Loom Questions has videos and patterns. It is very helpful with the other stitches too. As far as, the tail at the beginning of your piece, thread the plastic needle that came with the kit, and weave into your piece. Yahoo has a lot of loom knitting groups that are very helpful. Hopefully this helps you. Happy looming. (05/06/2006)

By Mar

Crafts KnittingOctober 1, 2010
Girl wearing a knitted hat.
Making a Hat With an Oval Loom
Round Knitting Looms
Round Knitting Loom Tips
Adjustable Sock Loom
Using a Knitting Board Adjustable Sock Loom
Knitting Loom
Making Your Own Knitting Loom