Organizing With Thrift Store Binders

When I find binders at thrift stores, I pick them up. I find that putting the clear pages in that I have split the long way and sealed with tape over the tops, makes a nice filing system. Inside the filing cabinet, I simply bulldog clip the binder to the slats that I have taken from hanging files I can't use anymore.

Then I put documents such as recipes, crafts, insurance papers, etc. inside the binder. It slides inside just like the hanging files do, and last a lot longer! Hope this helps!

By Sandra from Salem, OR

Organizing With Thrift Store Binders

I'm not getting what's the purpose of the clear sheets?

I like the idea but, like Judy, I too don't understand how the clear sheets fit into this.

I think you clip the clear sheets (page protectors) inside the binder as you normally would, slit open the side of the sheet and tape the top shut on each one. When you hang the binder in the drawer as shown, the page protectors take the place of folders in the file drawer. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Cabinet with Multi-colored Hanging Files
Organizing Important Papers
Organizing FilesNovember 5, 2008
Old Binder Rings for Kitchen Storage
Reusing 3-Ring Binders
Photo of a someone checking their oil.
Keeping Track of Your Car's Maintenance Requirements
Thrift Store Clothes
Thrift Store Shopping Tips
Organizing Paperwork For Taxes