Reusable Christmas Gift Tags

When I was a child, my mother would make special Christmas present name tags for me and my sisters. Using Christmas cards, we had received she would cut them out and decorate them using yarn, ribbon, lace, etc. Using a big needle, she would sew around the edges of each one, put a string on it and they were done!

Each year when we would unwrap the presents, we would give her the name tags and they would be used again the next year, sometimes needing yarn replacement as us kids were so excited to get into our presents. It was great because we came to just know automatically which ones were ours because some of the tags never changed, she still uses the one from my first Christmas to this day when I go to her house for the holidays.

It was a great and cheap way to label our gifts and it's something I will always remember as a special part of our families traditions. I have even started doing this with my daughter.

The Christmas gift tags that you make yourself are so original and nicer looking than the store bought kind. I did this for years when our son was growing up.

I noticed that you live in Watertown, NY. I live in Western, NY very close to Niagara Falls.

Our son's last duty station was Ft. Drum, 10th Mtn. Div. in Watertown, and now he's stationed in Iraq.

Christmas Tree Gift Tag
Christmas Gift Tag Ideas
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gift WrappingDecember 19, 2008
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Homemade Luggage Tag With Pins
Homemade Luggage Tags
finished gift tag on lime green background
Making a Button and Bow Gift Tag
Brown Paper Gift Tag
Making Your Own Gift Tags