Cat Urine Inside Work Boots

Does any one have any suggestions on how to remove cat urine from my husband's work boots (inside)? I know vinegar works great, but will it irritate his feet after we have sprayed the inside with the vinegar and let it dry? Does anyone have a suggestion to clean it out of his boots with out irritating his feet? Thank you for your help.

By Tulip1 from Tracy, CA

Best Answer

You poor thing! I had a cat who once peed on my good 100% wool coat & NOTHING could get the odor out! But these days they make the "Enzyme" based cleaners for cleaning up cat & dog pee, poo, vomit & blood... I don't know what these (good) bacteria & enzymes would do to his feet (call the company that makes it, they usually have a phone number on the side of the bottle). But a safer thing you could try would be to spray hydrogen peroxide inside his boots & saturate the area where the pee is.

A second idea would be to take them to a leather cleaner (if they are made of leather) because if you get leather wet it can shrink. IF they are washable, put them in the wash machine after using first the enzyme cleaner, then saturating with peroxide, & the next day you can spray in some vinegar then throw them in the wash machine & air dry.

Go down to the 3rd post (by me Cyinda). My post gives a detailed recipe for removing cat pee from washable surfaces.

---> Sorry, you may have to just throw them away. (But be nice to the cat. It couldn't help being a cat. They have a great nose. Sometimes they use chemicals that smell like (or are) urine to tan leather & your cat was attracted to this)

Best Answer

Vinegar kills athletes foot. Use a mister with vinegar and water. It can fade good leather, but won't hurt a work boot or your feet. If the smell persists, mix it a bit stronger. Sun dry. White vinegar is mellower than cider vinegar. Great on cat urine.

There is a product called D-Molish that will remove the cat urine smell. It works by digesting the cat urine. It is an all-natural product, ... ory/d-molish-now-all-purpose-cleaner

Perhaps your vet has something you could use to clean those boots. I had a cat spray all over EVERYTHING in my basement family room and bedroom. I bought some stuff called Bio-Matic from my vet. It worked great! You might also want to try Odo-ban. Good Luck!

PS. I also agree with being nice to the cat. :)

Grandma Jan & Kato the Wonder Dog

I took my car to a place that had a carpet cleaning machine. my hubby brought home a cat in the car! scared it peed in it carrier and leaked every where! It smelled horrible. Take a small brush with you and let the soap drip into the boots. It did the trick for the carrier and my car! maybe take them there. Take them home wipe them down with Mr clean and let them dry.

Leather Boots
Cleaning Cat Urine on Leather Boots
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing ShoesMarch 31, 2009
A kitten sitting on a wood floor.
Cleaning Cat Urine Smell on Hardwood Floors
Men's leather winter boots.
Removing Smoke Odor from Leather Boots
snow boots
Keeping Snow Out of Boots
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout