Crocheted Wreath

To make these fast I use double strands and a size "N" hook. This is about 3.5 inches in diameter.

Chain 6 and form a chain. Single crochet in that ring till you have 24 and slip stitch to join. Chain 3 and slip stitch in every other stitch, giving you 12 loops. Break off and secure.

Cool glue a ribbon bow and decoration of your choice!

Enjoy!

By Sandra from Salem, OR

I'd like to thank you, Sandra for all of the great ideas you have shared. This is one I saw about 30 years ago except it was done over a plastic or metal ring and I have not been able to get the instructions till now, thank you again. I'd like to hear from you & be able to share more ideas.

I love this quick and easy craft. My main problem is finding the yarn. I've been to 5 craft stores in my area and none of them carry it. Plus, the major yarn shops online didn't have it either.

I found some 'holiday' yarn at Herrschner's online, but when it came, it wasn't the same, although it's pretty. I made one of these wreaths anyhow, and the holiday yarn, is too regular in color/variegation and too fine, that you can't really see that it's a wreath.

Can anyone tell me where you can find this yarn? I've given up for this year. Thanks.

Right now, you can look on ebay and find some, but I am not sure you will get it in time. For the lady who had nice yarn but it was too thin, then use several strands and mix and match!

Remember it's the uniqueness of the item, not how perfect it looks! I sometimes use cheneil, too! If you can't find any "christmas" colors, use red and gold mixed, silver and blue mixed, or burgandy and green!

Hope this helps!!

Sandi/Poor But Proud

Thank you for sharing that nice and quick project. I'm going to make one for myself, this morning. It's people like you that make life so nice.

Merry Christmas to you.