Dryness Around My Eyes

Lately, I have been having problems with my eyes being a little dry in the corners, especially around the outside. My doctor have given me 2 different kinds of eye cream but nothing seems to help. They are only dry when I wake up in the mornings. Do you have any suggestions? I tried Vaseline but it burns.

Onesummer

I have the same problem but mine is also on my eyelids. I have been using Mary Kay extra emoillent night cream on them and it has done wonders. I do not add water, just straight from the jar. Hope this will work for you.

Ever since I resorted to cortisone cream for allergy eyes years ago (a mistake) & my eyelids thinned - I have had to coat my eyelids with petroleum jelly at night & during the day. I only use it on my upper lids and use eye cream around the sides and under the eye - It seems to protect my eyes & works much better than eye cream for me. I keep a jar next to my bed. I wonder that your eyelids burn with Vaseline - maybe there is an underlying irritation - even from the eye cream....I use Calendula gel (from the health food store) for irritations around the eye area - it's the only thing that is gentle and works, too...Also try applying cold tea to the outer eye area.

Petroleum jelly is even used in stye cream for eye irritations - so I am surprised that you are sensitive to it - You could also try vegetable oil around your eyes & experiment until you find which one works for your - &/or non-petroleum based emollients from the health food store....

i have the same problem. my dr told me it was allergy eyes. he told me to use a natural tears eye drops. he said my eyes were leaking which is true. to help soften the skin i actually use a chapstick. that has worked much better for immediate comfort than vaseline.

Sounds like your eyes are leaking a bit, at night especially. The natural salt in the tears is what is irritating your eye area. Try putting drops for allergy eyes in before you go to bed, this will help. Also seek out the source of the allergy. Change bedding more frequently and wash in hot water, try replacing old pillows with new, try using laundry detergents free of fragrances, steam clean rugs and give the bedroom frequent vakings. Some doctors suggest removing them but steaming and vaking could work well. You need a vake with a heppa filter. Air out your bedroom and keep it dusted. I like swiffers, they get everything! Eye creams and other emollients you use around your eyes probably are not irritating them, I agree with Pamphylia. You need to go to the source of the irritation. I use good ole' cold pressed virgin olive oil to mosturize my skin and eyes before bed, and blot the excess. Wonderful oil to use!

Is the dryness around the inside or outside of your eyes? Mine get dry around the insidee, and yes, it is allergies. I've even tried plugs put into my tear ducts numerous times, which didn't work too well. My body expelled them--it was really strange. My doctor just told me to try a new eye lubricant from Wal-Marts (over-the-counter) called "Soothe" Emollient drops. She said it wasn't too expensive and lasted up to 8 hours. I haven't looked for it yet.

I also have the same problem and my doctor said to put Lotramin lotion on them (you can buy at Wal-Mart) and other places, He also said to use a humidifier all the time as the dry air is what is causing it.

I had cracks in the corners of my eye. I mentioned it to the opthamologist when I saw him. He reminded me that I'd said I had cracks in my hands!

My dermatologist tells me to keep my hands out of water. I have contact dermatitis. So I am thinking that when my eyes water from lack of sleep or allergies, it causes my skin in that area to crack.. just like my hands.

Like you it was worse in the morning when I first woke up. Mine went away by itself.

If your skin is anything like mine, anything you put on it will only make the matter worse. My Medical Doctor once gave me some samples to try on my hands... They made my hands worse. Less is more. Please dont put vaseline near your eyes.

After I posted, I went back and read what others said to you. I must tell you that I cannot use cortisone cream as it makes my condition worse... (on my hands). Also, I cannot use any eye creams as I am allergic to one of the preservatives used in almost everything... methylparaben.

Good luck..

Health & Beauty Home RemediesMarch 29, 2007
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
woman covering her mouth
Home Remedies for Sjogren's Syndrome
Storing Googly Eyes
Storing Googly Eyes
Woman with puffy eyes using eye drops.
Remedies for Puffy Eyes
🎄