Homemade Halloween Costume Ideas for a Toddler

I need an idea for a creative and easy DIY Halloween costume for my 2 year old son. He won't wear anything on his head. He's too young to really understand characters and he needs to be able to wear it all day at daycare for a party (playing, eating, diaper changes, etc.). Help!

By Homew from Enterprise, AL

Outfits that worked for my kids: football player (just get the jersey, you can even paste fabric numbers onto a plain teeshirt and write the name on the back. sneakers.

soldier; khaki or olive green pants with a camo top. the good thing about this one, is that you can use the pants and top any time, so it's not wasteful.

farmer. jeans, checkered shirt and a bandanna around the neck.

The cutest one I ever saw for a 2 yr old was a clear plastic bag (leg holes, head out of top). The bag was filled with small multi-colored blown up balloons. The little one can wear tights and a t-shirt or long underwear (depending on weather), any shoes. I asked "what are you?" The little boy said, "Jelly Beans!" His mother was walking with him, but if he would have fallen, he certainly wouldn't have injured himself!

The cutest costume I've seen was a little boy dressed in white with Got Milk? written across the chest.

As a preschool teacher my favorite costumes were always sweatpants and sweatshirts in the same color with spots added for a cow or dog, stripes added for tiger or other cat. I have ssem them done with fabric paints/puff paints and also with felt that has been glued on with a hot glue gun and then later removed for every day wearing. I really appreciated these costume because they never got in the way of diapering, playing or eating. Good Luck!

I think the easiest costumes for toddlers are done with matching sweats! All orange; cut felt and put jac o lantern face on chest. All black;pin on a tail and turn him into a cat. Maybe he will let you put whiskers on with an eyeliner pencil? If not, you could also put the cat face on the front of the shirt. You could even attach 8 legs on the black sweats and make him a spider with a web on the shirt. All red; a devil with tail and pitch fork. He wont even know he is in a costume!

Sweat pants and tops are really the easiest thing to use. Others agree with me.

To make a Baby Bumble Bee: Purchase a black top and pants.

Purchase about 1/4 yard ( or less) of bright yellow fabric.

Cut, or tear the fabric in 3-inch wide strips.

Hand baste the strips to the black top. Make rather wide stitches, beautiful stitching doesn't matter with this.:)

Place several fabric strips around the top, making the bee's stripes. ( I left the arms alone. Just put the fabric on the front and back of the top.

Using old t-shirts or whatever you have, slightly pad the top. Again baste this to the inside of the top, using black thread. Bees like to have rather puffy tummies.ha

Although you said your child did not like a hat, I purchased a child's black toboggan cap. Stuck long yellow pipe cleaners into the top of the cap. Secured them on the underneath with tape. And glued fuzzy pom-poms to each pipe cleaner for the antennas. Black socks can be worn on the hands if you want.

Didn't decorate the pants at all, or the tennis shoes. This was so cute. And as the weather gets chilly around Halloween, the sweat suit kept him warm.

When my son was little I took a white pillow case and cut out a place for his head and arms. Then I cut the bottom to fit, I didn't cut straight I think I cut it in diamond shape at the bottom. Painted his face white and eyes black and he was the cutest ghost. Very easy.

What about jeans with patches sewn on and a flannel shirt for a hobo.

Little Devil Halloween Costume
Halloween Costume Ideas For Kids
Crafts Halloween CostumesSeptember 25, 2009
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
Making a Batgirl Costume
Girl Dressed as a Nurse
Making a Nurse Costume
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎉
🎄