Homemade Birthday Gift Ideas

My mom's birthday is next week and I have no money. What can I make her?

By Melyssa from Long Beach, CA

Best Answer

You can get a book at the library on origami and fold her a rose or a bunch of flowers and make a bouquet. You can make something out of paper mache. You can make her a nice card on your PC and print it out or if you have no printer you can send her an eCard. There are several sites for such.

If your not artsy you can make up a book of coupons that she can use for getting things done in the house by you. Things you normally don't do. One coupon for laundry day, good for having all the laundry collected, cleaned and folded. Two coupons for taking out the garbage. A coupon for washing windows. A coupon for vacuuming the house. A coupon for walking the dog. A coupon for mowing the yard. A coupon for dusting.

Obviously not all of these things would apply so you have to thing of what your mom does that you could do and make a coupon for it. If you think it might be too much on you add in small print on the back "only one coupon usable per day per household". :)

Best Answer

If it were me, I would love a heartfelt letter from my child or a homemade cake, or both!

Best Answer

You could also easily make a sugar hand scrub. I think it's just sugar, some kind of oil, a scent, and perhaps a little food coloring, and a jar with a lid to hold it in, look it up under body scrubs.

Best Answer

My son has been making a birthday supper for me every year since he was 4 years old. He is now 32. They have gotten more complicated as he got older. The first one was a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of milk. This year was BBQ steak, potatoes and corn on the cob. I look forward to this every year! Look in your fridge and see what you can find. And don't forget to clean up and do the dishes after supper!

Anonymous
Best Answer

Really good ideas here but the most important gift, in my honest opinion, is the gift of a visit and a hug and telling her the words 'I Truly Love You' on her birthday! :-)

It depends on your skills and what she likes.

Make a list of things that you could do for your Mom and cut them out and put them in a pretty box with a note saying these are the chores that you will do for her. Make it for a week or more and have one chore for every day.

You can easily make your mom a "Coupon Booklet" for a birthday present. Use colored paper, perhaps stock paper, construction paper, copy paper, or just plain paper or stationery. Make as many "coupons" as you wish with such ideas as the following:

"This coupon is good for washing your car once a month for _X__ months".

"This coupon is good for ____ backrubs".

"Use this coupon for me to mow the grass ___ times".

The coupons can be worded according to your age, what you can or can not do, if you live with your mom, or in the same city, etc. The booklet idea also Makes great inexpensive gifts for Mother's Day, Father's Day, Grandparents' Day, etc.

Have fun compiling the booklet and add your own drawings, and or cut out magazine pictures to enhance your coupons.