Can I Freeze Bread in Original Packaging?

I have read in several different places that you should not freeze bread in its original bag. A reason was never given. Does anyone know the reason? Thank you.

By Mike from northeast PA

Freezing bread in just its original bag can cause the bread to dry out as the bag is not air tight. I take my bread out of the bag, wrap the whole loaf in plastic wrap as tightly as I can without squashing the bread, put it back into the original bag, and close it with the twist tie. I have never had a problem freezing bread this way. When it is thawed, it always is as fresh as the day I purchased it. Hope this helps.

I heard in the past it was because of the dye on the package (wording). But also the plastic is not freezer "ready" as Moseley3 says. I doubt the dye would be a problem unless it directly touched the bread, you could freeze it in the package and add foil over the top.

Some I freeze in the original bag, some I do not. If I am going to be using it soon I have left it in the bag. If not, I take the bread out and wrap 2 pieces, or one bun, and wrap them in plastic wrap then put them back. DH and I do OAM shopping, we stock up with bread at the bread store and this is what has worked for us.

I do exactly what moseley 3 does so those ice crystals don't form inside the bag and make the bread very dry in one area of mushy wet in another when it thaws out.

I freeze bread all the time and keep it in the original bag and wrap the plastic wrap tightly around the outside and it works well too.

Food and Recipes Freezing Baked GoodsJanuary 17, 2011
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎄