Using Half Of Products

Almost everything necessary that I use, I cut in half. From makeup remover pads to liquid soap or cleaning supplies. Many things come in strengths and sizes that are far more than we need for one use. There is so much waste, not only in the product, but in additional packaging. I feel that I can get twice as much use when cutting in half, thus cutting my expenses in half. You will have to experiment with the products to make sure that you can do with less.

By Sharon

Excellent tip Sharon - I always use half strength shampoo and conditioner, (in spray bottles), and cut up scouring pads, (Scotch Brite type) but now you've got me thinking........what else can I just use half?

Suggestions please!

Regards

Jo

1/2 as much laundry soap and dishwashersoap.

You can also cut dryer sheets in half!

I dilute my shampoo on a 10-1 10oz water to 1 oz shampoo. It is really weak but it works. I also dilute my clothes washing detergent but only about 4 to 1. ""

You can cut the "color catcher" products that keep colors from bleeding in the wash in half and the tiny little box lasts twice as long. The actual Color Catcher brand always has a .75 coupon in the lid for the next box too.

facial cleansing cloths can be cut in half -- or fourths!

Terrific post. It's easy to cut liquids & cloth in half. I cut pills in half with the drug store's pill cutter. Only need half aspirin for daily use (Dr.Oz), etc. I order larger dosage meds for my pet & cut the pills in half for the correct size.

Purchase larger quantities of produce, quick boil, dowse in ice water & freeze. Cook fruit in some water & sugar. Freeze half. Just did for half my purchases. They were 50% off at the store and wanted to take advantage of this special.

I hear you! I travel extensively and bring along laundry sheets that have soap and fabric softener in them to do laundry on the road in hotels-they are great to fly with and avoid spillage.I always cut them in half, as I am usually doing a small load, and the machines in hotels are usually small as well. No need to have all that extra residue on my clothes either. I never notice a difference between using a full sheet or a half.

I agree. I started saving my empty shampoo, conditioner, body wash containers when I saw how thick these products were. I buy a new one and pour half in the empty container and fill both the rest of the way with water. It really works better and I save $$.

Textured Half Shell Cowl
Making a Textured Half Shell Cowl
Triangle Quilt Blocks
Making Half Square Triangle Quilt Blocks
Macaroni and Cheese
Cooking with Dairy Products
🎄