Advice for Decorating Cookies

I tried searching for my answer on Thrifty Fun and was unsuccessful. I have a question for our cookie decorators. I'm using royal icing to outline my cookies. I followed the recipe in the cookie decorating book and it said to add a few drops of water to the royal icing to thin it out, so it becomes Run Sugar Glaze. I spread the Run Sugar Glaze very carefully and filled in the cookie. Now that the cookies are frosted, could you tell me how long it takes for the glaze to harden? Would I have to let the cookies sit out over night for the frosting to harden?

Marge W. from Sanborn, NY

I FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER SITE.HOPE IT HELPS!

http://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t--2880/powdered-sugar-icing.asp

It may be desirable to leave the icing a little thicker to begin with to do the piping on the cookies first. If you are going to do flooding, a little more water can be added to thin the icing at that time... (See link for more)

If meringue powder was in your icing recipe it shouldn't take long to dry. I don't have a problem with it.

using color mix flow or meringue powder will harden in a day or two.

If they aren't hardening fast enough, you can put them into a warm gentle oven to speed up the process.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking CookiesNovember 16, 2007
A picture of the Eiffel Tower.
Decorating a Room With a Paris Theme
Fall decoration with pumpkins, gourds, and Indian corn.
Decorating with Pumpkins
Keeping Homemade Cookies Fresh
Keeping Homemade Cookies Fresh
Feng Shui Decorating, Feng Shui Decorating
Feng Shui Decorating
🎄
🍂