Vinegar As An All Purpose Cleaner

Once a month, I run vinegar through the coffee maker to clean out the residue that builds up. Make sure you run a pot of clean water through before you make your next pot of coffee.

Vinegar is also great for cleaning the microwave. Just microwave some in a small bowl, let it set without opening the microwave for a few minutes, and the gunk just wipes off. (Do be careful opening the door - the warm vinegar fumes can make your eyes water!)

Use the warm vinegar to clean greasy messes. I use it on the top of our range hood, which gets that nasty greasy, dusty build-up. Wipes right off with no scrubbing.

We have hard water and get calcium build-up in our cat's water bowl after a while. A soak overnight in vinegar and the calcium wipes off. Same thing for the tray under the water dispenser on the fridge.

And these are just the cleaning uses in the kitchen!

By Camilla from Atchison, KS

Editor's Note: What are some of the ways that you use vinegar to clean your home. Post your tips here.

I clean my windows and mirrors with vinegar and newspaper. It also makes for a great mopping liquid. Gets dirt and spills up and bugs don't like it. Great tip!

I use vinegar and water to clean everything including floors and toilet bowl. Good old fashioned non-toxic and kills bacteria ;-)

I also use it in the wash, specially extra stinky clothes. Clothes comes out smelling fresh and extra clean. I use it in my steam mop. I add a little into the water and it cleans floors and sanitizes them better and nothing happens to the steamer (just don't add anything but water and vinegar) I put vinegar and a bit of dish washing liquid in a spray bottle (about a drop to three of soap) and use it as a spot cleaner, for quick spills and for quick toilet clean ups. Just use your imagination. it cleans and deodorizes whatever can be wet. I even used it to kill an infestation of ants in my house (killed them on the spot) and it was perfect because it was safe for my pets. I also use it when my bad kitty sprays. The vinegar breaks down the enzymes and leaves no smell behind. It is the most economical thing I use and not to mention safe for all. (us, pets, and the environment)

I use baking soda, sm. amount of dish detergent and some vinegar to make my own soft scrub. I add it to my dish detergent to clean dirty greasy pots. It is great to clean cutting boards after cutting meats.

You can also substitute lemon juice for vinegar in any of the above solutions. more expensive but better smelling in microwave! I buy it 2 gallons at a time at Sam's, very economical.

Apple cider vinegar in a glass decanter with apples.
Cleaning With Vinegar
Home and Garden Cleaning ProductsSeptember 14, 2009
vinegar and baking soda
Uses for Vinegar
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Someone cleaning a kitchen counter with cleaner.
Homemade All Purpose Cleaner Recipes
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🎉
🎄