Grease Stain on Polyester

By Emily 2

I need to know how to get grease out of my mother's 76% polyester and 24% Viscose dress. I need help, and as soon as I can get it. Thanks.

By Emily from Grindrod, BC

Filter Sort

By bkvander 2 114 Flag

Pre-treat it with a heavy dose of Dawn dish soap (NOT with bleach) and let it sit overnight. Wash clothing using Dawn dish soap in place of laundry soap.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Grease Stain on Polyester

How do you get car grease out of polyester pants?

Thanks,
Reba

Feedback:

RE: Black Grease Stain on Polyester Down Coat

My boyfriend's mom uses this stuff called Lestoil. It gets everything out of clothes, food, grease, oil, and sauce stains. It's very helpful.

Just use a small "dime sized" drop on the spot and just barely rub it in. You don't want to use too much because it can be rough on clothes. I also don't recommend rubbing the fabric together with the oil, it'll do it's job without much help. It has a lot of garage/commercial uses as well, so its not the gentlest thing out there, but it works great on oil/grease.

You can find it at the grocery store, most likely. If you can't, try auto shops.

Good luck. (02/08/2005)

By Maria

You might want to try a hand cleaner (DL, etc.) like people use when they work on cars and other greasy things. I always use some cheap brand I bought at Dollar General, and I've never had a grease stain I couldn't remove, even if the clothes had been through the drier. It's also never stained anything I've used it on, and I've used it on several kinds of material. I put it on and rub the material together for a couple of seconds, sit aside for a few minutes, then wash in hot water if the color can take it. You can also let it sit for a week or so, it's never hurt my stuff. If this doesn't take it all out, repeat. (02/08/2005)

By terdralynn

You might try lighter fluid or dry cleaning fluid (from any major department store). Good luck. (02/08/2005)

By Carolyn

Try Goo Gone.

Tori (02/08/2005)

By truerblue

A web company aloetherapy.com carries a product called Orange Clean that has removed some amazing stains at our house. Their products are all natural and they will give a money back guarantee. It's not expensive and I use many of their products and have absolutely no complaints. (02/09/2005)

By Joy

RE: Grease Stain on Polyester

I've been able to get grease/oil stains out with Dawn, most of the time. If that doesn't work a hand cleaner called GOJO works really well too. It's meant for mechanics and has some grit in it so it's not the best for delicate fabrics.

Good luck.

Rebekah (07/25/2005)

By Madelynnsmama

Archive: Grease Stain on Polyester

How do you remove dried in grease stains from polyester knit?

By Charlene from MI

Feedback:

RE: Grease Stain on Polyester

I have two suggestions. One is lemon juice (removes a number of stains) and the second is Dawn detergent.
Good luck.

Carla (11/05/2009)

By nunley10

Woman removing a Grease stain.
Removing Grease (Oil) Stains from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsApril 16, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Steam cleaning Upholstery
Removing Grease Stain on Upholstery
Polyester Fabric
Dyeing Polyester
A woman ironing clothing.
Ironing Polyester Clothing and Fabric
Woman removing a Grease stain.
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 3:07:20 PM on 10.0.0.44 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

AnswersArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings