BedsFurniture

Fixing a Rice Bed

I have a king size rice bed. Due to frequent moving, etc. the post no longer tighten, the screws seem to be stripped, how may i fix this problem?

Nickyb71 from Augusta, GA

Best Answer

You can insert a toothpick into the hole, cut it flush with the wood and then screw the screw back in. Used this method on my kitchen cabinet doors.

Best Answer

You need to use Teflon tape. Just like you would use on your water pipes. Wrap it a couple of times around the screw threads. You don't want to use glue, if you need to take it apart to move again it might not come loose. With the Teflon tape if you need to take it apart you can then if it needs to be re tighten just use a little more tape. I have a used furniture store, take my word, this is a easy fix!

Similar , my stripped screws on the kitchen cabinets the other day. No amount of screwing back in helped me. I had remembered reading somewhere to dip the screws in wood glue, then screw in. Well, all I had on hand was cement glue , it said worked on wood and metal. Used it and put the screw back in place and gave it a few turns. Didn't figure it would work. They are firm to the touch now!! Miss Fix-it did it, lol. Sometimes waiting for my husband to do the small stuff is a losing proposition! Leave alone after you do it and let it harden.

I found a product called Chair-Loc that really works for wooden posts by making the wood swell. Try Googling The chair-Loc Company to get information about it. As far as the screws are concerned, putting a piece of kitchen match stem in the hole before putting the screw in really works to tighten up the screw. Good luck and God bless you!

This site is wonderful! At least I now have options, I don't have a husband but waiting for my boyfriend is also a losing proposition so special thanks to you all. I'll keep you informed of the results but keep any new ideas coming.

Gorilla Glue works!!!