Free Accommodations Through Couchsurfing

Ok, so you are travelling this year, your budget is extremely low! Try I host a lot of people with this website and will end up using it myself next time I travel.

It's been an incredible experience. It's free to join. Make sure you detail your profile as much as possible, this will attract like minded visitors! I haven't had any problems at all, because you can leave feedback on the website. I tend to find that visitors are on their best behaviour since they don't want you to give them a bad review (this would mean no one else would want to host them!). Most people I've hosted have either made me dinner, brought me local gifts or pitched in for groceries.

I often get asked by family and friends why I would host strangers and get questions like "aren't you afraid to get robbed?" I read their profile and use my intuition. I only host people who have full profiles including photos and reviews from other hosts. This website has really enhanced my life and I've met wonderful people through it!

If you are a senior, you might consider another website called which is aimed for older retired travellers, though anyone can join.

Happy Travels!

Source: This is written by me and taken from my website: The Frugal Vegan:

By Lisa from Halifax, NS

Travel and Recreation TravelDecember 12, 2007
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Young woman using computer
Finding Free WiFi Connections
Rustic birdhouse.
Scrap Wood Birdhouses
Laptop Computer
Finding Free Laptops for Students