Tips for the Unemployed - Categories:

Debt ReductionBudget & Finance

Tips for the Unemployed

I am looking for a little help here. I know there must be alot in the same boat. BUT I am trying to do it alone. I have been OUT of work all year! is there ANY hope? thanks in advance! - Anonymous

- Editor's Note: If you post what region you will live in our readers may have some ideas about where you can look for work

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I know its tough to be out of work. You can look for food pantries. Lots of organizations have those. In my town the Y has a food share program. You have to volunteer so many hours and then you get a box of food for a very small sum. Volunteers at hospitals often get free meals. It's not a lot but it helps some and it gets you out and keeps the spirits up.

Getting a roommate or being one? Not far from here they run a homeshare program. I think it's helping a lot of folks, especially seniors not have to sell their homes.

I'm not sure of your situation--sometimes its hard to find a job that pays enough. But maybe a job that pays less and offers other benefits--free or discounted meals, childcare (preschools), discounts. Usually the volunteer stuff has very flexible hours. or maybe you know something that you can teach. the adult night school here teaches everything. and lots of the classes have regular folks teaching--quilting, selling on eBay, fishing, tours of Chinatown. Maybe you can market yourself. eBay has so many possibilities. I never knew i could charge folks for cutting and finding grocery coupons. Stay positive!!

I would suggest that you visit your local community mental health center. Not only do they offer counseling services (for depression, etc.) and some even offer Vocational Services to help locate employment or job training, and some offer programs to assist the homeless or those at risk of becoming homeless. They can also refer you to local resources including food pantries, employment agencies, etc. Hope this helps!

I know just how you feel! And with young ones, I surely didn't want to have to leave them all day long, while I went out to make that money! So, I hadn't thought of posting like you did, in here, but what I did do, was to start looking through every search engine I could think of, for about 3-4 months. I did the surveys, I did the click-for-pay, etc., etc.....Anyway, after researching what was out there, I found what is most likely one of the FEW legitimate, honest internet job opportunities left!

If you want to get more info, I'll be very happy to send it to you! Maybe you will be able to watch your baby grow up, AND earn enough money to be comfortable, as well. Even if you choose to do something else, you have nothing to lose by checking itout! ;)

AbbieGrrl@hotmail.com

Hey, this person wants a job, not advice on where to get food or counseling! :)

Why not try to get a "seasonal" job? This is a great way to try a new job, so if you don't like it, you only have to endure a few months or so of it. Otherwise, it could lead to steady work, or at least more to add to applications and the resume. Plus, if a person works enough seasonal work, they can get unemployment, a helpful thing to have to get you by on paying bills. Many businesses cannot survive if they did not have some seasonal employees, so don't feel "bad" if you collect unemployment, as that is money you earned.

I'm in the Midwest & got into seasonal office work, started about $7.30/hour, and have worked up to almost $12.00/hour in 5 years. In warm weather, I've worked for Greenhouses. Keep an open mind to finding work, and Good Luck!! :)

I can offer part to full time work depending on your availability. Pampered Chef consultants earn an average of $90 a night out - work a few nights, make a little bit. Work several nights - earn a lot! I was out of the house 5 nights last month and earned $1200. For more info, go to my website - http://www.pamperedchef.biz/cookwithdebbie.

Budget & Finance Debt ReductionJuly 18, 2004
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:35:02 AM on 10.0.1.242 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.