Open My Eyes Spy Glass

Based on the Bible verse, "Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your instructions", I designed this for preschoolers at our Bible school. It could be used for any any sea or pirate ship themed party or program.

Approximate Time: 10 minutes, plus play time.

• paper towel tubes
  • old maps*
  • green or blue plastic wrap
  • sea animal/fish stickers
  • double sided-tape
  • Scotch tape

*I went to my local visitors welcome center located along the interstate and found beige and brown maps that looked "old world" inside some tourism books. I asked if I could take 20 and they were delighted to help. I think if you asked them to save you outdated materials, they would do that as well. There are some beautiful brochures you could do a lot with. Other map sources are old road atlases, National Geographic magazines, and old atlas books you can find for pennies at library book sales and flea markets.

1. Wrap a piece of double-sided tape around one end of the tube. Attach a square of plastic wrap.
  2. Cut out a section of a map to fit.
  3. Ad

4. Let the kids draw on some fish and/or add stickers. Older kids could write the Bible verse on it. You could also print out the Bible verse in colored ink on a sheet of plain address labels and stick on the finished project.
  5. Cover the tube with the prepared map and secure with tape.
  6. Now take them on a scavenger hunt, looking for children and adults being kind to one another, or go on a nature hike looking for creatures, real and imaginary.

By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA

Religious themed cottage cheese Easter basket.
Bible School Craft Ideas
Crafts Crafts For Kids Vacation Bible SchoolJuly 13, 2010
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Sunday School Doing Crafts
Christian Craft Ideas for Kids
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass