Craft: No Sew Fleece Blanket

Can someone tell me how to make a fleece blanket with ties?

By Beka from Burlington, IA

And these are so warm and cuddly to curl up in a chair or couch. I'm sure the people receiving your gifts are thrilled. In fact, each one is probably looking forward to receiving one at every occassion you are invited to. I didn't realize the fabric was so inexpensive. I'll have to check it out. I know there are many, many to choose from in the stores.

Where do you find fleece that inexpensive? When my nieces and nephew had their babies I made them blankets that were 1 1/2 yards in length. I use a print on one side and a solid color on the other. The prints where I live run between $7.00-$8.00 at WalMart and the solids are between $4.00-$5.00 a yard. The fabric is cheaper than at the other fabric stores in town. I do like to sew jackets out of the polar fleece because they are so easy to sew and don't fray.

Sometimes Joann's has no-pill fleese on sale for only $4.99 per yard. Check out their online sale flyer:

http://www.joann.com/joann/shop/promotion/sales_listing_home.jsp

This price is for solid colors only. This week (Sept 1-09) there is a sale on prints. Regularly $12.99, now $8.99 per yard:

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog. ... L0EP4SY5LVAFJ50LD3UUPU?CATID=cat3099

I've seen these blankets. They make a great starter project for someone that doesn't consider themselves "crafty". Hopefully making one of these will give a beginning crafter the confidence to make other things.

Beware: Use care! Those little tabs, if the wrong size can come untied & cause a baby or toddler to choke. Maybe a dab of Fabri-Tac can be added to the center of the knot to make double-sure it won't come undone.

Looks great, but just checking, How wide are the cut strips, in the photo they look about one and half inches?

When I make these blankets I make the strips about as wide as my finger. That is the width I have seen on any of the ones that I have seen in person.

Very, very nice. I made two blankets a couple of months ago for my twin grandchildren. Also, one for my nephew's birthday last month. They are such nice gifts.

I have a lot of blankets & quilts for home use or in the car so I don't need one but I am wondering,because I recycle a lot & find a big thrill in doing so, if I could substitute the use of fleece for recycled sweat pants & tops.

I don't see a reason why not myself.Just wanting the input from others who may also think that sounds alright

http://www.youtube.com

Click on video link at top of website and use the search box.

fleece tie blanket
Making Fleece Tie Blankets
Crafts Home Decor BedroomDecember 24, 2009
Fleece Fabric
Making a Fleece Doll Blanket
A sewing machine foot with pink thread sewing pink fabric.
Learning How to Sew
Making a No-Sew Dog Throw
Making a No-Sew Dog Throw
Three Fleece Blankets
Making A Fleece Blanket
🎄