- rectangular cardboard box: big enough to fit your body through with head, arms and legs sticking out
- paint of what ever color Lego you would like to be
- 6 empty and clean tin cans
- box cutter
- Sharpie marker it the same/similar color to the paint
- masking tape
Note: On all box costumes you will need to secure the box shut with tape (preferably from the inside, tape on the outside will interfere with the paint). Then cut the holes you need for your body parts to come through.
- Cut holes in the sides top and bottom of the box so that your head, arms and legs can stick out. You may just want to cut out the entire bottom for easy movement for your legs.
- Paint the box and the tin cans in the color of your choice, let dry.
- With the marker write LEGO on the bottom of each can.
- Lay the front of the box (one of the the longest and widest sides) down face up. Evenly space the Legos on top, 3 cans parallel to the other 3 cans. Use a Lego for reference.
- After placing the cans in their perfect spot, with a marker, the same color of the paint, draw a circle around each can and set the can aside.
- With the box cutter, starting 1/8 inch inside the circle, cut all the way around.
- After cutting out each circle, place the cans through the holes. You may need to force them in a bit, if it is too tight cut a little more around the inside of the circle. Pull the cans through so that they are all at the same height and so that the height of the cans are to scale with the size of the box.
- On the inside of the box, tape each can to the side of the box to secure it in place.
(Optional) You may want to draw the underside of the Lego to the back of the box.
- Now slide the box over your head and put your arms through the holes and magically you are transformed into a building block!
Now get out there and build! This costume could be used for couples by making one costume the same as just described and the other with the open part of the can sticking out of the box. This makes you "stick together."
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 7, 2016 at 1:36:35 AM on 10.0.0.175 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us