Birthday Gift Ideas for 18 Year Old Boyfriend

My boyfriend is turning 18 on February 25th. We have been going out for 3 months so far, it will be 4 soon. He's into emo, screamo, goth, paintball guns, and knives, but also has a soft side. I am not sure what to get him for his bday? He has asked me to marry him and we're very serious, but I can't think of anything to get him. Any ideas?

By ? from NY

Best Answer

Have you considered either buying him a gift certificate from his favourite store, so that he can choose what he'd really like & maybe add it towards any other gifts of cash that he may receive. Otherwise, go into the store & ask for suggestions, but make sure that he can change what you buy him, if he already owns what you've brought, or needs something else more. A really nice photo of yourself would also be much appreciated, for a frame on his desk, or wall & a small one for his wallet that he can 'show off' to his mates. :-) Men are romantic! lol.

Good Luck.

Cheers,

Wendy

I gave the young adults at Christmas gift certificates to movie theater and certificates to fast food place or a restaurant you both like= instant date. Good for birthdays too.

Hey :-) My boyfriend and I had been together for around... eight months, and for his 17th I got him a silver guitar pick with a lyric to a song he said made him think about me before we started going out. That, and a jar of all the red sweeties out of jelly babies, haribo, jelly tots, fruit pastilles etc. cause those were his favourite ones. But he's eighteen in like, two weeks, and I'm not sure what to get him which will sorta top what I got him last year lol. But I hope this helps :)

November 21, 2010 Flag

My boyfriend is turning 18. I am already 18, but he has always gotten me the best gifts ever. Now I am working and I am throwing him a surprise party and I want to get him a big special gift. Please help!

By Samantha from Knoxville, TN

September 18, 2010 Flag

I'm 16 and my fiance is turning 18 on the 7th. I have no idea what to get him this year. We've been together for almost 2 years and for some reason I'm totally going crazy on figuring out what to get this time. I think it's because he's 18 and he's really psyched about it. So now I'm all pressured to get him something he'll really like. I have no idea what to do. Please help.

By Rawr'3 from MI

Answers:

Being 16 and boyfriend going on 18 looking for a birthday gift. You are planning on getting married (so fiance indicates). Make it something simple like a photo of the two of you, make a special frame to go with it. There are lots of craft ways from leather frames, paint your own, etc.
Spending a lot of a birthday is just in the moment when you plan to spend the rest of your life together. It is going to be expensive without material things used as celebratory measures.

I was married at 19 and the one thing I told my husband was to never surprise me with an expensive gift when we owe money to anyone via bills. Charging/using money meant for stability just breeds instability. There is nothing that I could have wanted over the security that there were no collectors at the door. In this economy, keep it simple. Plan a day where you do breakfast together, take a walk, do simple things like enjoy each other. Give him a flower, a nice card you wrote. These are what he will remember as well as you.

And if your life does not continue together on the same path, you still will appreciate the friendship in knowing him. (07/07/2010)

By T&T Grandma

I have 2 boys and no matter how old they get (23 and 26), they love toys. Go to the toy store and buy him a water gun (and one for you too!). You can't beat that on a hot day chasing each other around at the park.
(07/08/2010)

By tltrani

July 6, 2010 Flag

I'm 16 and my boyfriend is 17. His birthday is June 7th and our 3 month anniversary will be on May 21st. I have absolutely no idea what to do for his 18th birthday. I don't want to be too personal about it, but I also don't want it to seem like I'm bored with him or whatever. So please if you have any advice for me that would be truly appreciated.

By *itty*bit* from Davenport, WA

Answers:

boyfriend=best friend

Hello itty bitty,
A relationship with a boy is the same as most other relationships in your life. You mentioned you are 16 so I can see why you worry about not getting something "too personal" because this would imply to him that you are "getting too serious". Well since you are together now you must have a good thing going on and so get something that you would give to a good friend. It's OK for you two to let each other know you're into the other.

A cool idea is to plant a tree for them. OK it's out, I'm a crazy treehugger, but if you plant a tree now, it will be so much bigger in a few years and perhaps you guys will still be together and you'll be able to visit the tree. And even if you're not, hopefully you can manage to be somewhat friends who can appreciate this one birthday as a good day in each of your lives. A tree will last a long time and yet change all the while so that's why it's such a good semblance of the passage of time which is also measured by most people for who they spent that time with. Or a killer CD is "I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One" (not as cheesy as it sounds) or "I am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass" both by Yo La Tengo. Cheap CDs, find them probably at your local used book/music store. (05/06/2010)

By wishsparkle

I'm 16 as well and my boyfriend is turning 18 on the 14th. I got him a pair of boxer shorts that have kisses all over them, like lips. It depends on who your boyfriend is, but I know he'll like them. I also got him a picture frame. I'm gonna put a picture of when we went to prom in it and on top of all of that, I'm throwing him a surprise party. He lives about an hour and half away from me and I'm driving out there without him knowing that his family and I are throwing him a party, it's gonna be so awesome. Good luck with your boyfriend. (05/08/2010)

By rachelam123

May 5, 2010 Flag

My boyfriend is turning 18 on the 15th and I have decided what to do. I just don't know how to do it, if that makes sense.

March 5, 2010 Flag

My boyfriend is turning 18. I want to get him something special, but I'm not good at the gift giving thing. I'll end up buying him something I'd like. Help me.

Woman giving her boyfriend a gift.
Birthday Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
Holidays and Parties Gifts BirthdayNovember 21, 2010
Boyfriend and Girlfriend
Locating an Old Boyfriend
13 year old gift ideas
Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
🎉
🎄