Graycie (American Shorthair)

Graycie is my American Shorthair; she is about 7 years old. Graycie was up for adoption at our local Petco. Our granddaughter saw her and decided that she was just what Grandma and Grandpa needed to keep them company. Grandpa insisted that we were having no more pets, we are too old, etc., etc. However, there is nothing more insistent than a ten-year-old on a mission.

So, Graycie moved in with us about 5 years ago and has been the head of the household ever since. She knew she had to win over Grandpa, which she did very quickly and now she is never far away from him, on his computer, in his armchair, or stretched out on his legs, as in the picture. She is the sweetest cat we have ever had. I don't know what we would do without her. She loves to hunt for her treats, which Grandpa "hides" in his chair.

By Joan

Graycie looks much like my Oswald. We got him from a sanctuary 14 years ago. He's my good, old friend. Beautiful cats! Thank you for sharing.

Far out.

Years ago, we had a long-haired grey kitty that was the exact color of smoke...several shades of smoke color. So, his name was of course, Smoky. Like your Graycie, he made "pets" out of every member of our family, but when it was time to go to bed, it was my husband's side he chose to be close to.

He was the best watch-cat too. Nothing got past him. Smoky was with us for nearly 12 years, and it took a long time to find another kitty as smart as he was.

I hope you all have Graycie even longer. Thank you for sharing her with us.

Big thumbs up.

October 19, 2012 Flag

Graycie is an 8 year old Russian Blue (somewhat). We adopted Graycie from PetSmart in 2006. She climbs on anything, the higher the better and loves to sleep on our feet during the night. She also likes to sleep on the copy machine. I guess you could call her "copy-cat". We didn't think we wanted a cat at the time, but don't know what we would do without her now.

By Joan from Chesterfield, MI

Graycie on top of copy machine.

Graycie is gorgeous, and I love the nickname CopyCat! I have a tuxedo male and a calico female who take turns sleeping on my printer, if I don't put a box on top of it. Unfortunately, in my house, the cats track dust and litter all over, and I have to keep them off the printer so the particles don't get inside and ruin it. My printer is on a trolley under the desk, so the box takes up the space and keeps the cats off, unless I forget to put it back. I guess Graycie doesn't give you these problems! Has she copied herself yet? Best wishes to you and your pretty kitty.

Photos PetsFebruary 9, 2011
Exotic Shorthair Kitten
Exotic Shorthair - Breed Information and Photos
German Shorthair Pointer
German Shorthair Pointer Breed Information and Photos
British Shorthair
British Shorthair - Breed Information and Photos
American Girl Doll With White Hat, Braids and Sweater
Saving Money on an American Girl Doll