Memorizing Site Passwords

If you have a computer program that remembers all of your passwords for you for all of the websites you visit, you can get very dependent on that for serving as your "memory". If your system were to fail, you would probably be hard pressed to remember all of your passwords. Instead of writing the passwords down, which is really not very secure, every time you visit a favorite website, THINK the password as a way to test your own memory and keep those passwords fresh in your mind.

By ginnywest from Murrells Inlet, SC

A helpful hint for passwords if you have trouble remembering. Make up one password...lets say fishstock. And add the last 3 letters of the site you are visiting. For example fishstockfun for Thriftyfun.

You could choose to use the first and last letters the first two and last two letters, just make it the standard you use for passwords on all sites.

You can also use "geek" speak on the base password. For example fishstock would be f1shst0ck. Using a one and the zero for the I and O.

I have a total of three passwords I have to remember. My general password for just about every site I visit regularly or even just rarely with the method above.

One password for VERY important website. It is a little more complex.

And a third password for sites that are very picky about how your passwords are made (must start with a consenant, must have at least one number, must be at least 7 characters long, stuff like that). Makes remembering passwords fairly easy, they don't have to be written down (but I do have a document file with my passwords and what sites they go to...it just isn't easy to find).

I agree with Suntydt I use almost the same method and it works out for me. For those important sites like banking or any site money is involved my password then is different and complex.

I only have to remember four. Mine are not written down either.

Computer login window.
Remembering Usernames and Passwords
Computers Internet TipsDecember 9, 2010
Hawaiian Fire Dancers
Hawaii Frugal Travel Guide
alternatives to ebay
Alternatives to eBay
female doctor
Websites That Review Doctors
Refrigerator
Cleaning a Moldy Refrigerator
🎉
🎄