Goldenrod Toast

This is a wonderful way to use up Easter Eggs. A traditional Easter morning breakfast at our house. My children are all grown now, but still fix this for their children.

• 3 Tbs. butter
  • 4 Tbs. flour
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 cups milk
  • 3 hard boiled eggs peeled and divided by whites and yolks.
  • 6 slices of toast

Directions:

To make white sauce, melt butter in the top of a double boiler. Blend flour and salt, stir into melted butter and add milk. Stir and cook until thickened. Chop up whites of 3 hard boiled eggs and add to white sauce. Pour over 6 slices of toast. Sprinkle hard boiled egg yolks (which have been pushed through a sieve or grated) over the top of the sauce covered toast. Serve warm. Adjust recipe to the amount of toast needed for the number of people being served.

Servings: 6
Time:15 Minutes Preparation Time
10 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: I learned to make this while in high school Home Ec class back in the late '50s

By Joan from Chillicothe, MO

Thank you so much for this recipe, I can remember my older sister making this for us, she also learned it in home ec. I have always wanted the recipe.

Thanks for the memory. I also made this in H Ec. back in 1951- 1952. Had forgotten all ablout it. I made it for my folks and a few times for my hubby. I haven't made it since. Might have to make it for my grands and greats. LOL . GG Vi

Eggs and Ham Set Out for Breakfast
Easter Breakfast Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes BreakfastMarch 26, 2010
overnight french toast
Overnight French Toast Casserole
Banana French Toast
Banana French Toast Recipes
Pouring a Glass of Champagne
Serving Champagne for a Wedding Toast
Savory French Toast
Savory French Toast Recipes
🎉
🎄