Easy No-Knead Bread

This is fool-proof and really easy. I make this at night and bake the next morning without a second rise! This makes a lot, so you can freeze what you don't use.

Ingredients

• 2 cups warm water
  • 2 Tbsp. yeast
  • 5 cups flour
  • 1 or 2 Tbsp. salt

Directions

Mix water and yeast with a whisk or wooden spoon well, then add flour 1 cup at a time, mixing VERY well after each addition. Pretty soon it gets too hard to whisk or stir, so get your hands in there and mix it up good. Shape into a ball. Put into a bowl, cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place.

I let it rise over night and then shape it how I want and bake it for an hour in the morning before anyone gets up. The smell is yummy!

If you DON'T let it rise, you can press it into a flat pan, and make focaccia bread. Spread it out and cover the pan and dough with lots of olive oil, then top it with garlic (or powdered garlic and herbs) Italian herbs, sun-dried tomatoes jack or mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese and bake until done.

Tips: Add gluten for softer bread. You can use any type of flour, you can add in anything you want. I add seeds, oatmeal, nuts, raisins, eggs, sugar; the list is endless.

By Linda from Eustis, FL

What temperature and how long?

This sounds like a recipe I would like to use for Thanksgiving. Is there a given amount of gluten that you use for this recipe?

Thanks for sharing.

I would sure like to make this. How many loaves does this make and how long do bake?

Is this a hard crusted bread? What temp?

No-Knead Yeast Bread
No-Knead Yeast Bread Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts BreadsNovember 17, 2008
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
Sliced banana bread on a cutting board.
Freezing Banana Bread
🎉
🎄