Organizing Magazines

Some magazines have wonderful information in them and are worth saving. How do you organize and store magazines?

I needed storage for a bunch of magazines. While I was at that store that ALL of us shop at I came across an empty box that some stationary item had arrived at the store. Took it with me and when I was checking out, asked the checker if I could have it. Sure! So I had a box, cut the same way as one of those magazine storage boxes you pay $6.95 for free. It also holds about three times as many magazines!

By Bert in Oregon

I found an old torn magazine from around 1917.

It had allot of so called secret weapons for WWI.

I cut out the pictures and some info on each and made a scrapbook full of that stuff.

You also could scan the mag articles you want to keep on a CD rom.

If you keep those mags you better protect them from yellowing or tearing .

I keep mine in a cardbord box about the same size as the mags and I pile them in top of each other

These Mags I have were over 30 years old when I got them.

The last I looked they are still in good shape in my closet on the floor on a piece of plywood

I wish you luck

Mike

I take out the pages I want and staple them into a plain manila folder and label it with the article's subject and keep them in an upright cardboard magazine box.

I bought myself some 2" binders and dividers. I use the dividers and label them according to generic categories, such as recipes, home decorating, crafts, fashion, etc. Then I cut out the pages I want to save and use the 3 hole punch and put them into the correct section. For little cutouts that are too small to use the hole puncher, I place them in a vinyl sleeve that goes into the category. Keeps me so much more organized!

I HAD A FEW YEARS OF SUBSCRIPTIONS AT ONE TIME AND I SPENT 8 HOURS SORTING THROUGH EACH PAGE W/ A RUBBER FINGER TO QUICKLY TURN THE PAGES AND THEN I RIPPED OUT ANYTHING THAT CAUGHT MY EYE. I THEN PUT THEM IN CLEAR SHEET PROTECTORS AND IN A HUGE 3 OR 4" BINDER FROM STAPLES. I HAVE 2 OF THESE ALREADY AND USE THEM FOR REFERENCE (IDEAS) ALL THE TIME. OTHERWISE, YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET USE OUT OF THEM WHEN THESE PAGES YOU WANT ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ENTIRE MAGAZINE.....

I employ a similiar method to the binder users, except that instead of cutting out the articles that I like, I carefully pull out the pages of advertisements (comprising nearly 1/2 of the magazine it seems...) and then leave only the articles of interest in them. This lightens the load and the stack. I like the archival quality of keeping the magazine volume, date and other information in tact. This way if I ever have a question about something, I can refer to it in my letter to the editor or post it online.

Stack of magazines and newspapers.
Organizing Magazines
Organizing StorageFebruary 4, 2005
Mr. and Mrs. SantaMade From Reader's Digest Magazines
Mr. and Mrs. Santa Made from Reader's Digest Magazines
Crafts Made With Magazines
Crafts Made With Magazines
Stack of Magazines
Saving Money on Magazines
A large stack of food magazines.
Organizing Ideas From Magazines
🎉
🎄