Ideas For Reusing Small Tea Tins

I received a variety of teas in small tea tins for Christmas last year. I enjoyed the tea tremendously, now I have 8-10 small tins that I would like to "recycle" into a craft item.

Any suggestions?

JOSE from Tennessee

Little windchimes would be cute. Just take a tiny nail & hammer and punch one hole in the lids center then in the bottom of the can punch 3-4 holes in differant places.For the chimes you could use wooden dowl rods cut to seperate lenghts or use spoons or forks.Drill holes through whatever chime choice you pick.Run fishing line through the chimes leaving it long enough on each one to run up through the bottom lid and the top lid then close the tin set.Gather all lines together at the top tie a loop for hanging. I always use my old chimes from windchimes that are old and need revamping.Also many found in yard sales. Can also use them for candles that close with the lid. Just use your already exsisting candles that have been used some.The little votives or tappered candles work great.And you will already have your scent & color by reusing them.Just Take an old pot and melt them slowly on the stove pour into your tea tin bottom & add a wick in the center and let set.Can set fast by placing in the freezer. I use the tiny tealight candles for getting my wicks. They simply pop out of the cups and pull your wick out of the bottom even drop that teacandle wax into your pot after all have melted pour into your tin and reuse that wick you pulled from the teacandle. You could even give them out as gifts.

You could make travel sized sewing kits to give as gifts. Wrap black and white thread around a piece of cardboard then put a needle in it. Include some buttons and, if it will fit, some travel scissors or snips that you can find at the craft stores. Look in a kit at the store for more items to include if you have more room. I have done this myself with a little tea tin and I keep it in the glove compartment of the car!

Hello, Just like yourself I had some Tea tins given as pressents to me a few years back not wanting to throw them away i painted them with enamel paint in various colours and made flower paterns on them filled them with wrapped candies and put a ribbon around the tins and gave them away as pressents, christmas is coming you can put any design you want to on them for any occasion. Annie

Uses for Cookie Tins
Reusing Tins
Crafts Recycled CraftsOctober 16, 2007
A cookie tin with butter cookies.
Crafts Made With Cookie Tins
Game made form an Altoids tin.
Crafts Made Using Altoids Tins
Altoids and Other Mint Tins
Uses for Altoid Candy or Mint Tins
A cookie tin filled with cookies.
Uses for Cookie Tins
🎄