Craft Project: Holiday Felt Wall Hanging
Using only felt, buttons, and thread I hand sewed this Christmas wall hanging while watching TV at night!
Approximate Time: 1-2 hours
- 9x12 inch green felt
- Holiday buttons
- Red ribbon
- Two 9x12 inch white felt
- White thread
- Coloring book page
- Fabric glue (optional)
- Find a coloring book page with the Christmas design of your choice (I used a tree) for your pattern. Cut out the design and pin to your felt. You can trace the pattern before cutting, but I just cut around the pattern.
- Pin tree to white felt. (I found the felt at Walmart for $.25 a sheet already cut).
- Stitch around tree.
- Choosing which buttons to use took the most time, as I got a bag of them from Michael's for $3.00. After choosing which you want to use to decorate your tree, sew them on.
- Cut two pieces of red ribbon, depending on how long you want the hanger to be and if you want to tie a bow. I cut mine approx. 24 inches each.
- Attach ribbon by sewing a button on the front of the hanging through the ribbon.
- Tie ribbon to desired hanging length and tie a bow.
- To hide my stitches, I glued another piece of felt to the back.
By Jenn from Vineland, NJ
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 22, 2017 at 1:15:24 AM on 10.0.2.201 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us