Craft Project: Holiday Felt Wall Hanging

Using only felt, buttons, and thread I hand sewed this Christmas wall hanging while watching TV at night!

Approximate Time: 1-2 hours

• 9x12 inch green felt
  • Holiday buttons
  • Red ribbon
  • Scissors
  • Pins
  • Two 9x12 inch white felt
  • White thread
  • Needle
  • Coloring book page
  • Fabric glue (optional)

1. Find a coloring book page with the Christmas design of your choice (I used a tree) for your pattern. Cut out the design and pin to your felt. You can trace the pattern before cutting, but I just cut around the pattern.

2. Pin tree to white felt. (I found the felt at Walmart for $.25 a sheet already cut).

3. Stitch around tree.

4. Choosing which buttons to use took the most time, as I got a bag of them from Michael's for $3.00. After choosing which you want to use to decorate your tree, sew them on.

5. Cut two pieces of red ribbon, depending on how long you want the hanger to be and if you want to tie a bow. I cut mine approx. 24 inches each.

6. Attach ribbon by sewing a button on the front of the hanging through the ribbon.

7. Tie ribbon to desired hanging length and tie a bow.

8. To hide my stitches, I glued another piece of felt to the back.

By Jenn from Vineland, NJ

Heart Shaped Wall Hanging Craft
Wall Hanging Craft Ideas
Photos Holiday ChristmasDecember 17, 2009
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Photo of felt mittens.
Making Felt Mittens
Gluing into heart.
Making a Heart Shaped Wall Hanging