Foster Care Advice

Do any of you have experience with foster care? I would like to hear about it. We are considering doing foster care. We have one adopted son and were going to adopt his sister, but the birth parents decided to raise her. We are devastated. When we calm down, we would like to do foster care of adoptable children and perhaps adopt one.

Sandy from Stoughton, WI

Hi Sandy, we too are a foster-adopt family. We have adopted two boys and will adopt our infant foster son in a few months. Our very first foster son who was 11 months old only stayed with us for three months and when we found out he was going to a family member we were crushed. Luckily we got our second foster son (14 months old) two weeks before he left and it really helped heal our hearts. We ended up adopting him and he became the first of three boys we now have. Our home has so much activity now (we also have two biological daughters 18 years & 16 1/2 years old). The boys are 4 yrs, 2 1/2 yrs and our 8 month old baby. We love every minute we spend with all of them. Good luck to you and your family and in time your heart will heal.

Check out the website below.

Thanks, Lanette

http://foster-care.adoptionblogs.com/

What a wonderful thing you want to do. In the State of New Hampshire there is a foster parent training program. They give you as much information to prepare you for different situations you may deal with and the possible abuse and neglect repercussions of that abuse the children will be going through. They do a home study, and background checks etc. I plan on doing it this spring when the training is local for me.

If you go to your state website and look up adoption/ foster care, you may get more information. The program is usually through Department of Health and Human Services, Child Protection etc. Best of Luck.

Kim

Foster care, I think is so much fun! My aunt does it and she loves it. I think its a great feeling to help a kid, letting them know someone loves them & teaching them new things. I hope I helped!! :)

I live in GA and looked into fostering with the intention of adopting. Unfortunately in this state, the point of foster care is to give the birth parents the time to get their act together before returning the child. Less than 10% of foster parents are able to adopt the children they raise, even if they foster the children for years and years. The Dept of Human Services holds mandatory and intensive foster parenting classes to prepare people for the experience. I don't know if any of this is the case in WI, but I would start with DHS and attend any informative classes they may offer so you know better what to expect.

It's equally as devastating to have completed all requirements as the natural parent and be told your child will be given back to you and be expecting a baby. Everything is progressing towards reunification until they find out about the upcoming birth of a newborn they can promise to someone. My case that was ready to close was then drug out until the birth of my baby and then stolen from me at the hospital. The reasoning was because I had an open DSS case so that put the baby in immediate protection but they conveniently did not merge the cases together. Opened a new one on the baby and guess what they drug it out and trumped up one thing after another until eventually winning the cases and adopting out the children. I strongly urge you to not fool with Social Services they are in the baby kidnapping and selling business. You don't have to take my word for it do some looking into it. There are Federal incentives for every child they place/and or adopt and there is always a demand for babies, it's a perfect storm. There is a senator named Nancy Schaefer who did an investigative full report on the corruption of child protective services. I wanted to post a link to the video on you tube but this comment box won't let me copy and paste. Shortly after this report was released not only did she lose her senate seat her and her husband were found dead, murdered in their home. There is big money in what I'm saying and it's not because I lost my children that I have a grudge against them. It really happens I would wash my hands of the entire foster care/adoption program through them they are corrupt. There are plenty of adoption agency's and crisis pregnancy agency's that can help you find another way to adopt someone who really needs adopted not someone either stolen from their family or possibly stolen from you once you are promised an adoption will go through and doesn't. Best of luck and God Bless

Three kids laying in the grass.
Adopting a Foster Child
Parenting Foster ParentingFebruary 7, 2007
Neglected Dog
Caring for a Neglected Dog
A Bandaid on a toe of a child.
Home Treatment of Infected Wounds
Master gardener in a greenhouse.
Get Gardening Advice From a Master Gardener
Woman Hugging Caregiver
Healing Advice
🎄