Clothing StainsCleaning

5th Wheel Grease on Clothing

I got grease from my 5th wheel on my clothes. Does anyone know how to remove it? I do know that rubbing it with a baby wipe will remove a lot of it. But how do you remove the rest? For those who don't know about 5th wheel grease, there is not much that's harder to get off of anything, much less clothes.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

My husband used to own his own 18 wheeler. He always had tough grease to remove from his clothes.

I poured on undiluted Pine Sol, right out of the bottle. Use a brush on hard to remove stains, before the washer.

You can try making a paste out of dishwasher machine powder and water, or use the gel straight on the stain. Allow it to sit overnight, then scrub with a brush, rinse well, and wash in washing machine. Dry outside on the clothes line, as using the dryer will just ensure that it will never come out.

I've successfully used Lestoil to get car door hinge grease off a white rain coat.

Obviously Vguy is the only one who has had any experience with 5th wheel grease. This stuff is totally different than any grease you'll ever find on your car.

I thank you for your suggestions, but I'll stick with the suggestion from Vguy.

I don't know what kind of grease you describe, but my step father ran a payloader and got some kind of grease on his baseball hat. I used Safeguard bar soap on it and it came right out, which is disturbing because it's supposed to be used on the body. This was a long time ago, but I think they still make Safeguard soap. Lestoil is great too for grease.