Circus Themed Dance Ideas

I'm on the student council of my school. My friend and I want to do a circus/carnival themed dance. We need games for the dance that are not childish. And we need some fun games that high school kids would like. Also, what kind of foods could we have?

Is it a good idea to require students to buy tickets to play the games, just like in a real circus/carnival? What kind of prizes should we have for all the winners?

By lalala from dfghjk

Oriental Trading has several sharp-looking carnival-type games, such as knocking over milk bottles with a ball, spin the wheel to win a prize, etc. Our church does a Hallelujah Night celebration every October 31st, and we add to that a fish pond, dart board, cupcake walk, bean bag toss, floating ducks to toss rings around their necks and win a prize, etc. The prizes don't have to be fabulous, but if you are going to spend a lot of money on them you should definitely sell tickets to these events to help cover expenses. Other ideas might be a dunk tank, basketball throw, etc. I know some of our ideas are young for teens, but others would work great. I hope you have a blast!

By the way, you can rent a hot dog machine, snow cone machine and cotton candy machine.

August 31, 2010 Flag

What are some ideas for a circus rally/dance theme?

Nicole from Montclair, CA

Answers:

Circus Themed Dance Ideas

When I think of circuses, I think of clowns, balloons, and of course animals like lions and elephants. Balloons aren't usually too expensive, and I'm sure you could get a helium thingy to make them float. Check at your local party supply store for these items. They might also have some ideas to share.

People can dress in costumes, like the Ringmaster, the Strong Man, the High-wire walker, etc. And of course, don't forget the clowns! For food, think of food you'd find at a circus: peanuts, popcorn, and cotton candy. If you can't find animal posters or cutouts, you could add animal crackers to the food list.

Of course, if you really want to go all-out, you could look into creating the "Big Top" effect, either with an actual tent, or with large sheets, depending on your budget. Again depending on your budget and resources, I'm sure you could find some circus (calliope) music to play in the background the entire time, or periodically. Hope I've been of some help. Best to you! (01/07/2009)

By JustPlainJo

High School Dance
Dance Theme Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties School Dance ThemesAugust 31, 2010
daddy daughter dance ideas
Planning a Daddy Daughter Dance
A clown dressed in red balancing cups on their head.
Making a Circus Performers Costume
Tween girl dancing against a white background
Middle School Dance Theme Ideas
How to Belly Dance, Beautiful Bealldancer
How to Belly Dance
🎉
🎄