Buying Nuts at Wholesale Prices

I am looking for a source for pistachios and other nuts that costs less than $4 a pound. Does anyone know of a mail order or internet company that offers nuts at "super wholesale" prices? I currently buy them from Costco but was wondering if there was possibly a more inexpensive source. The best I can get on pistachios is a little under $4 a lb, pecans are about the same. Someone here has to know.

You would have to pay for shipping and handling if you mail ordered them or bought them from the internet.

Costco is your first and best choice.

Where do you get them for under $4 a pound. We pay near $6!

I bought nuts in the shell at the Farmer's market this year, and they're so fresh and flavorful. Ask at the Co-op extension office who grew them, and who sells them. Ask at the farmer's feed store who has nut trees and call them to ask if they'd sell out of what they have stored up. Happy crackin'!

I will follow this post to see if anyone knows of good sources. I usually substitute bulk raw sunflower seeds, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), and sesame seeds from our local Fred Meyer store for use in my granola recipe. But peanuts seem to be the cheapest for brittle or candies, however. Sometimes I get a good deal on walnuts in bags at the stores on sale.

Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingDecember 31, 2008
Cracked Pistachio Nuts
Freezing Pistachio Nuts
A pile of shelled pine nuts
Recipes Using Pine Nuts
Grocery Owners
Buying Wholesale for Resale
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 10:37:21 PM on 10.0.1.138 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.