Keep Your Eye Out for Good Costumes

Keep your eye out all during the year for items to possibly toss together to make inexpensive Halloween costumes during your everyday wanderings out while shopping.

By Terri from NV

Thrift stores such as Goodwill and Salvation Army make a great source for costumes of all kinds. I used to haunt them for components to costumes for plays at my daughters' schools. They work just as well for Halloween.

You put together the pieces. It cuts your sewing time in half at least. For example, the yellow cotton skirt from a dress, a blue corduroy vest, dickie from a white shirt, more yellow cotton from the dress and red ribbon go together to make Snow White. (Sue me, Eisner!)

One time, I found a new white angora sweater for $1, but my daughter was too embarassed to buy it for herself, because she was young. At home, she changed her mind. Luckily, I had bought it.

Now both daughters, in college, know how to haunt the thrift stores for the unexpected bargain, or even for a gift. Halloween? They know how for sure.

Women Trying on Hats
Saving Money on Halloween Costumes
Holidays and Parties Halloween CostumesOctober 29, 2005
A toddler wearing a devil costume with a tail.
Making Tails for Costumes
Boy in Devil Costume
Making a Devil Costume
Couple in t-shirts ripped to look like a skeleton and sugar skull facepaint
Frugal Costume Ideas
Girl with Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis)
Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis) Remedies
🎉
🎄