Repairing Massaging Sectional Chairs

How can I fix my massage chair in my sofa? A week ago I purchased a used sectional sofa for my apartment. I was going to buy a new sofa at one of those close out furniture store when I saw, online, a great deal on a green sectional sofa. It is a beautiful 3 piece unit. To my delight the sofa came equip with two massage chairs and a built in phone.

It is an added bonus, for sure, the only thing is that the massage chairs do not have a power chord. I have no clue as to what to do with the darn thing, I am thinking of just cutting any new loose chords and forgetting about the whole thing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Arthur from Orlando, FL

If you are able to find the manufacturer name from tag, etc, search for that manufacturer and/or couch online. From there you might find the info or a number to call.

First things first... can you contact the person who sold it to you? If you can, find out why the cord is missing. (ie, pet chewed it, no place to plug it in, shorted out, chairs stopped working etc)

If it's something simple as it was pet chewed, you can open eitherthe bottom or back of the chair, remove the cord from the motor (probably held in place by a few screws) and take it to the hardware store... they can help you find the proper cord and plug to put on the other end. Then you just go home and put it on just like the other one when you took it off. Not as hard as it sounds! I promise.

Home and Garden Repair Furniture ChairsOctober 31, 2008
Dining Chair
Repairing Dining Chair Seats
Bean Bag Chair
Making a Bean Bag Chair
Dining room chair with a vinyl seat.
Recovering Vinyl Chairs
Broken Cane Chair
Repairing Cane Chairs
🎉
🎄